Which Color Dumala Can I Wear

mirror

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji KI Fateh ||

it depends if you're Amrit Dhari Or Not. If yes than the only colours you can wear are Blue, Black, White, and Saffron ( i will get back to you on that one concerning what kind of orange dark light orange yellow mix dark yellow WITH GURU JI'S KIRPA). Also i am pretty sure the shade doesn't matter as long as it is the above colours.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH ||

The Four Colours of the Khalsa

Blue, Black, White and Saffron

These four colours are to be worn, other colours excite the mind and lure it to vices, and are therefore prohibited. Amritdhari Singhs/Singhni’s are specifically not to wear red or green at anytime. One is to dress humbly, any simple colours can be worn. Amritdhari women are not to wear ear rings, nose-rings, rings, bangles, nail polish, lipstick, bindi, henna, keeping long nails, wearing a saree etc. Piercing of any kind is prohibited.

http://www.damdamita...id=68&showall=1

The Four Colours of the Khalsa

Blue, Black, White and Saffron

These four colours are to be worn, other colours excite the mind and lure it to vices, and are therefore prohibited. Amritdhari Singhs/Singhni’s are specifically not to wear red or green at anytime. One is to dress humbly, any simple colours can be worn. Amritdhari women are not to wear ear rings, nose-rings, rings, bangles, nail polish, lipstick, bindi, henna, keeping long nails, wearing a saree etc. Piercing of any kind is prohibited.

http://www.damdamita...id=68&showall=1

Isn't it inaccurate to say saffron and black are a color of the Khalsa? (Orange/dark orange)

They were later adopted but I think it has always been white, saroun saag color yellow/golden, blue.

It depends on which jathas maryada you are following. If you are not concerned by jathebandiyan and follow panthic (mainstream rehit maryada) there is no ban on colours, you wear what you like. If you want to follow a puratan rehit, then again, you need to choose one, because there are many, and out of those only a one or two mention colours from what I remember. If someone gives you instructions, ask them to quote the original source (rather than a modern website), then you can at least make up your mind based on correct and direct information.

Though not hard & fast but it is better to don attires of Yellow (Xanthic/Colour of Mustard flower-saron de phull), Navy blue & White; which are Sikkh colors; and have religious & historical importance in Sikkhism. I too have confined to wearing turbans, shirts, coats of these colors or mixture of these colors only (shirts).

Isn't it inaccurate to say saffron and black are a color of the Khalsa? (Orange/dark orange)

They were later adopted but I think it has always been white, saroun saag color yellow/golden, blue.

What i quoted is from a summarized Rehat Maryada, that Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj, Sant Baba Kartar Singh ji Maharaj, and Sant Baba Jarnail Singh JI Khalsa published.

If i had the original i would quote you the original and see if there is any mistakes regarding saffron (maybe a mistranslation) in the summarized one. But black is the color of the Khalsa.

If someone gives you instructions, ask them to quote the original source (rather than a modern website), then you can at least make up your mind based on correct and direct information.

What i provided is a summarized version of the Rehat Maryada published by Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj.

You should take from your own advise by saying any color can be worn and didn't provide no original source. Green and red is forbidden, if you spent any time with Gurmukhs, you would know this.

What i provided is a summarized version of the Rehat Maryada published by Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj.

You should take from your own advise by saying any color can be worn and didn't provide no original source. Green and red is forbidden, if you spent any time with Gurmukhs, you would know this.

I've read this as well. It was forbidden more for practical reasons than spiritual (don't cite/quote me on this). Red signified the army of the hindus and green the Mughals.