Which Color Dumala Can I Wear

mirror

Guest RavindaSingh
I'm guessing we can only wear black, blue, white, and orange t-shirts?

I suppose you could if u properly wanna don sikhi colours or just wear what colour u want But this is more to do with the colour of the dastaar

I was forbidden from wearing black by a few people at my local Gurughar when I was a teen, as I was told it's not a Sikh colour. It was my favourite colour and still is. Darn it, I was mislead. I had no idea black was acceptable. I'm quite angry about being lied to.

thats ridiculous man, like mentioned before, black is shaheedi type colour (in my opinion), if u think about it, a lot of the khalistan/bhindrawale tops r all black, this is surely because black colour is a colour of rebellion/rebels! look at the logos of all the militant groups of khalistan in the 80's/90s they all use black, especially babbar khalsa!

ppl sayin we shudnt wear certain colours, but isnt saffron/orange colours linked 2 brahmin/buddhism/hinduism, mustard yellow is sikhi colours, guru hargobind till maharaja ranjit singh used this yellowy type of colour. then again, there r smarter ppl than i on here.

also wats wrong wit wearing diffrnt colours than the four supposedly assigned colours? i didnt think colours made that much a difference 2 ur personality, can sum1 explain this further, sounds weird but intriuging.

cheers

• 4 years later...

ok ji, I know this is an old post but I feel the urge to reply.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is supposed to be our eternal Guru repeatedly tells us God is in all colours and none so how can it be that a rehat is created to limit colours? There is nothing historically said by our Gurus or in our Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj which limits colours. This is a Brahmin thought. What days, colours and what to wear when, are all empty rituals which Sikh talks against. Sikhi teaches not to follow empty rituals.

I know the Khalsa historically wore blue because they were going to war but please lets not forget, an army needs a uniform, a uniform of a single colour. I am not saying it is not prevalent to wear blue now, I am just saying that colours, in my opinion, are not restricted.

thats ridiculous man, like mentioned before, black is shaheedi type colour (in my opinion), if u think about it, a lot of the khalistan/bhindrawale tops r all black, this is surely because black colour is a colour of rebellion/rebels! look at the logos of all the militant groups of khalistan in the 80's/90s they all use black, especially babbar khalsa!

ppl sayin we shudnt wear certain colours, but isnt saffron/orange colours linked 2 brahmin/buddhism/hinduism, mustard yellow is sikhi colours, guru hargobind till maharaja ranjit singh used this yellowy type of colour. then again, there r smarter ppl than i on here.

also wats wrong wit wearing diffrnt colours than the four supposedly assigned colours? i didnt think colours made that much a difference 2 ur personality, can sum1 explain this further, sounds weird but intriuging.

cheers

basanti is light yellow not orange which is keshri...this is blatant changing of khalsa nishan colours to hindu colours ...after all Miri Piri da Malik put one Basanti and one Neela nishaan sahib outside Akal Takht not Keshri ones which was the colour of Hindu Battle standards. These colours are the approved Bana colours for the Khalsa Panth , you can wear any colour you like but then again isn't it tying you back to your deh i.e. moh? Having a uniform means you don't have to think too much about your appearence ...