"uk Panjabi Model, Pak Bf & Drugs!"

RebelSingh

Learn to put things in perspective, people. 'Sikhs' are not just you who are men. 50% of Sikhs are females. Each day of every week of every month of every year you will find a news stories of a man with a sikh name doing a hideously bad thing. If the 50% of Sikhs that are females reacted the same irrational way that you lot do Sikhi would be long dead by now.

Don't criticise Sikh females. Learn from them. Learn about proportionality. Lets sort our own massive male problem first...then consider sorting the relatively tiny female problem.

Rebelsingh you don't understand what role social issues play

That's why sikh leadership fails to stop the problem for 20 years

Jonny101 their are sikh camps that try doing this but most kids get bored and rebel and stop going were muslims force their kids to go even if they hate it

Sikhs arnt a people that force their religion on anyone its against sikhi

Instead gurdwaras need good sikh teachers cause most suck

Most kids find school to be boring as well. But how many parents would consider preventing their children from going to school? Most kids don't like eating vegetables yet responsible parents still impose on them the duty of eating vegetables. Maybe Muslim parents are doing some things right which Sikh parents can learn from. I for one am thankful to my parents since childhood who used to impose Dharm on me. When I was a kid, I had to do Paath as it was expected of me to do so. And I thank my parents who imposed this on me because now as an adult who can choose what to do, Paath is an integral part of my life and daily routine.

Sikh parents(even religious ones) are way too soft on their kids when it comes to the Sikh lifestyle. All we really do is just keep their kesh but that's about it. I have barely seen any parents who made sure their kids do Paath, simran, kirtan, go take Santhiya. Then we are all surprised when our boys cut their hair, girls start to act all slutish and drunk around Pakistani men. The only way to save what little we have left is to reconnect our kids with Gurbani. Taking kids to Santhiya class is a must, Hire a Giani, pay him if you have to so your kids can have the gift of knowing how to properly read Bani and understand Bani. Worldly education and Dharmic education are both the responsibility of good Sikh parents.

Forcing sikhi on kids is anti sikhi

Who said "force them"? Making sure your kids go to school, making sure they eat their vagetables or dress up warmly for winter does not make a parent into a "bad forceful parent". Similarly keeping your kid's kesh, giving them Gurbani Santhiya training, teaching them about Sikhi does mean one is forcing Sikhi on them. If you are comfortable with your daughter being exploited by a Pakistani boyfriend, then by all means give her a secular upbringing but then don't blame anyone else but yourself.