~ Humbleness And Wearing Jewelry~

N30S1NGH

We all know that one person who spends 30-40 minutes on his dastar, trying to make it perfect in every way. Aren't they doing this to make themselves more attractive, and increasing their ego? Now you might say, well Satguru told us that we are kings and our dastaar is our crown, so it should be perfect. In reply to that can't I say that kings also wear jewelry?

The point is that I think many things can be used to enhance ego. Even wearing a large kirpan and full Bana can be used to increase your ego. Now if I recognize that Dastaar is my crown, and spend time on it making it perfect because I know it is my crown and Satguru's gift, then there is nothing wrong with that. Similarly if I wear jewelry because I feel that I am a king and kings should end decorated, then I think that is something similar.

Like many other posters above me, I don't wear any jewelry, and I'm not trying to defend wearing it, but I just want to explore these issues instead of suddenly responding without thinking. I would love to hear what others think about this

REHAT

surmwidk iSMgwr nihN nihN pr qrunI sMig

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee

GURBANI

prhir kpVu jy ipr imlY KusI rwvY ipru sMig ] sdw sIgwrI nwau min kdy n mYlu pqMgu ]

parehar kaparr jae pir milai khusee raavai pir sa(n)g || sadhaa seegaareenaao man kadhae n mail patha(n)g ||

Discarding worldly adornments, she meets her Husband Lord, and she celebrates joyfully with Him. She is adorned forever with the Name in her mind, and she does not have even an iota of filth.

REHAT

surmwidk iSMgwr nihN nihN pr qrunI sMig

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee

Why go on opinions, when we have, Guru Roop, Punj Pyare telling us not to wear it.

There is no discussion here. If someone thinks they are higher than Bhai Daya Singh ji, then God help them and give them enough humility to understand Rehat is more dear to Satguru than a Sikh.

Keep doing Naam Simran, there is no point on wasting time on these very pointless discussions. Those that have done Naam Simran are very content with this Hukam and those who have not.......well they will bicker because their ego tells them to follow Babas and not Satguru and his Rehat.

Again I have no issues with bhai dya singh ji rehitnama, in fact i am following the above quote myself (i don't wear jewelry).

I just don't agree with people rigid black and white thinking that fact khalsa cannot be raja and jogi at the same time where history and previous puratan granths- prem sumarag granth tells us otherwise.

I used to think like one dimension myself until i read rehini behini of various diverisified sikh sant mahapursh who were undoubtedly bhramgyanis and khalsa soorma's. That led me not question but broaden my own horizon that gurmat is not just a mere rule book as many claim to be, while basic fundamentals rules are rightly there as rehit maryada and needs to be followed having said that- gurmat does not dictate nor it meant to dictate nitty-gritty daily kriya of an sikh things like- a) put left leg or right leg into new kachera b) putting kirpan right or left shoulder c) length of dastar d) use sand to clean yourself e) how to clean your sarbloh batta f) how to sharpen your shastar g) positioning of chand tora or khanda in dastar h) when to smile when not to smile i) specific attitudes towards monaey, other amritdharis than from your clan etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..hopefully you will get the point.

How strange to make a post just to superficially create an issue where there isn't one, as if we haven't got enough things to veechaar (read as argue lol) about. The OP doesn't even wear jewellery himself. baad vivaad na banao jee, jo panja neh kehia oh he maano.

(as my surti is more aligned with bairaag and tyaag)

Vaah jee vaah, saade te vi kirpa kardeo baba ji.

On a serious note, is it not everyone's goal to have our surti aligned to bairaag and tyaag?

while basic fundamentals rules are rightly there as rehit maryada and needs to be followed having said that- gurmat does not dictate nor it meant to dictate nitty-gritty daily kriya of an sikh things like- a) put left leg or right leg into new kachera b) putting kirpan right or left shoulder c) length of dastar d) use sand to clean yourself e) how to clean your sarbloh batta f) how to sharpen your shastar g) positioning of chand tora or khanda in dastar h) when to smile when not to smile i) specific attitudes towards monaey, other amritdharis than from your clan etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..hopefully you will get the point.

You are not my Guru, Guru Sahib is my Guru, no one needs you to tell us what Guru Sahib is saying.

You obviously missed the point of this whole thread...ah its ok..i tried from my end.....loads of mahapursh tried too show sikhi isn't black and white but those who are stuck at sharia , will be stuck at shariat because they idiolize it and dance around it instead of looking at the actual syllabus of sikhi and work towards passing the exams...god forbid i hope i m wrong but it appears by looking at current state, they won't even spare guru sahiban if guru sahib gives them sargun saroop darshan in- anything but in dress in sarbloh, they themselves declare their own guru sahib - tankhaiya, manmatiya, kacha pilla dhilla singh etc etc..not that they mean anything bad but thats what idiolizing an certain perception and dancing around it does to people.

For the record- i m not against sarbloh or sarbloh bibek before someone pass fatwa against me, i m not sarbloh bibeki but i do wear sarbloh kara.

sant isher singh ji rara sahib wale from bhai dya singh samparda and many more from other samparda's who were raja yogi adorned all the jewelries.

Khalsa Ji

Could you please show where Sant Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib adorned all jewellery?

Thanks.

I gave examples of sant mahapursh being khalsa raja and jogi because they are knights of the panth and guru da ladle, usually their examples covers automatically all the other historical figures i.e - maharaja ranjit singh ji, maharaja duleep singh etc etc.

Please see- attached pictures..thats all i can find for now...there are more i will look it up and i m sure respected member on here- freed who has massive collection of sikh royalty pictures can share some too.

Pict1348 is picture of sant maharaj ji bhora sahib you will see how royal (raj and jog) it looks, there is huge picture or statue of sant maharaj ji there, then there is golden har you will see.

Picture 228.jpg

its picture of sant kishen singh ji rara sahib who were divine brother of sant isher singh ji rara sahib wale, fullfiling an wish for his premi shardlu wearing hand crave golden chola.

I am sure sant isher singh ji rara sahib like many raj jogi khalsa sadhus don't have any attachments whatsover with all this jewels or golden har, as they were bhramgyani raja and jogi khalsa and they still are deattached from maya (Gurmukh maya vich udasi) just like how maharaja baba sahib singh bedi was de-attached from the royalties in the raj- 2nd bhramgyani after bhai dya singh ji in sant pranali.

Look all i m saying, wearing jewerly or not should *NOT* be criteria for someone to judge if that person is humble, gurmukh, gursikh or not.

post-24251-0-62303100-1335817450_thumb.j

post-24251-0-20315300-1335817467_thumb.j

post-24251-0-76359500-1335817493_thumb.j

post-24251-0-69549500-1335817503_thumb.j

post-24251-0-42469400-1335817513_thumb.j

post-24251-0-65565000-1335817525_thumb.j