Sign in to follow this  
bhainandlal

Persian Bani - Bhai Nand Lal

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Before my God I have no pride of Self, I am only bewildered,

By all the countless descriptions of His majesty.

Let your thoughts, O Goya, be entangled in the locks of the Beloved,

For the heart is restless with the yearnings for a glimpse.

post-31740-0-91926500-1347522705_thumb.j

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Very interesting it's just used a lot by others like the sun disk of Egypt etc. Have not seen it myself used in Sikhi before today.
    • This was a common motif/symbol in Sikhi and is still utilised by the Dal Panth. The Surya or Suraj is a reference to the dynasty (Suryavanshi) which Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and therefore the Khalsa Panth belongs to as mentioned in Bachittar Natak and other texts. ਜਾਂ ਦਿਨ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਤ ਯਹਿ, ਰਹਤ ਨ ਪਿਛਲੀ ਜਾਤਿ । On that day when you take Amrit [Khandey Di Pahul], the commandment is that you do not have a previous Caste. ਜ੍ਯੋਂ ਭ੍ਰਿੰਗੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੀਟ ਤੈ, ਤ੍ਯੋਂ ਸਿਖ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਤਿ ॥੨੪॥ In the same way a Bhringi, which transforms a [low] insect into a beautiful butterfly, a Sikh turns [beautiful] and adopts the Gurus Caste. ਸੂਰਜ ਬੰਸੀ ਦਸਮ ਗੁਰੁ, ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਸਿੱਧ । The Tenth Guru is from the Suraj Bans (Surya Vansh Lineage), the famous Kshatriya caste. ਯਾਹੀਂ ਤੇ ਸਭਿ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ਬਰਣ ਅਬਿੱਧ ॥੨੫॥ In this way all the Khalsa turn into one of Kshastriya. [Naveen Panth Prakash, pg. 1581, Vol. 3]     ^ a Surajmukhi emblem being carried with Guru Sahibs entourage.     ^ The same emblem being used by the Nihangs today     ^ On the hilt of a Sikh Shastar     ^ A battle standard from the Sikh Empire with a Surya   ^ Surya logo   Gurbar Akaal!
    • Interesting there is sun emblem on the shield 
    • right veerji , I meant attachment to worldly affairs , btw which site / app you use for quoting gurbani 
    • Didn't know we were allowed to have Tombs 

Important Information

Terms of Use