Uk Private Car Reg

Guest Confused...

Guest Confused...

WJKK WJKF sangat ji,

I have recently bought a private number plate for my car. the number will read our "Waheguru". but now i am in doubt to stick this plate on the car!?!

Please advise

WJKK WJKF

Confused

Guest M3RCS

You've bought it and presumably spent a small fortune on it; with the intention of registering it with your car.

So what has happended now that made you doubt and change your mind?

Guest Confused...

You've bought it and presumably spent a small fortune on it; with the intention of registering it with your car.

So what has happended now that made you doubt and change your mind?

in case someone put their feet on it etc.

in case someone put their feet on it etc.

Unless Woody and Buzz Lightyear are attached to the back of your car, how would anyone put their feet on it? Unless you mean deliberately? Should've thought of that before you splashed out. Also, Waheguru is the Sikh term for God, i.e. we can't claim to "own" him exclusively. If someone were to put their feet on it (bizarrely) then isn't that a slight not just on Sikhs but on anyone who believes in God?

The question is why did you buy it ???

ANS= EGO< EGO>EGO

It's your ego, don't worry i'm not criticizing, but we all fall into EGO again and again.

You have done a good thing here, by asking.

Fact is that you know somehow that it feels wrong. This is the lord inside you informing you.

Consider yourself lucky that you are getting this message.

I have fallen into ego and purchases many times, in the past I had more money than 'akal' at times and wouldn't even look at the price before purchasing whatever I could get my hands on.

Now, your plate is NOT holy, in the sense it's not sacred like a gutkha. Let's say it was sacred, then exposing it on the streets for people to touch or kick or spit at would be very offensive, similar to doing graffiti on a gutkha.

BUT, it is NOT sacred, but the WORD is.

'Waheguru' is sacred and in all honesty NO ONE is going to give you the correct and positive answer here.

So,some will say it's fine and some will say it's not, but no answer is going to be definite.

What I would do here is use your instinct or gut feeling.

If your conscious tells you not to use it then don't. I would try to think of it as you purchasing it to stop anyone else abusing it.

In effect, you are then doing a seva by having this responsiblity.

Think of it as something you want to keep or even donate to the gurdwara.-Some gurdwaras have their own vehicle for taking the Guru Granth Sahib to residences and akhand paths ..etc.. It would be the most appropriate vehicle for the plate.

Personally, I would feel awkward if it were on my car. I mean, imagine my car driving down with 'waheguru' on the plate with some bhangra or ragga blasting away!! -It just wouldn't be right-,....That is just my personal opinion.

I would feel that I'm carrying a responsibility with me and not being responsible.

That is the simplist way of thinking about it. If your conscious feels this responsibility and fear of being irresponsible,then I would not apply it to my vehicle and instead put it to some good use. Think of it as good seva by applying it to a Gurudwara vehicle.

On the other hand, if your conscious does not give you this feeling of guilt and irresponsibility, then by all means feel free to apply it to whatever vehicle you wish.

ONLY YOU can decide the answer, ONLY YOU.