Ear Pains From Patka

Guest dssdf

Guest dssdf

Hi, basically iv been wearing a patka, i do like it to be perfect - tightish and cover my ears, the problem is my ears are alright for a bit but as time goes on they just kill ;/ i know its not that i have to get used it as iv been wearing a patka for ages so... Im not looking to wear a turban as of yet or change the way my patka is tied etc or tie it under my ears.

So anyone got any good/effective solutions for this pain? I've heard about the cotton wool but havnt really tried it lol seems a bit dodgy lol wont the cotton fall out or something lol. I put some vaseline on my ears and it does seem to help but yeah :/ anything else?

Thanks.

• 10 years later...

Forget the patka. Start tying an ears-out dastar as it takes the same amount of time or even less to tie. I know plenty of Singhs starting to rock this style again. Basically its the Misl Era turban you see Singhs in fresco paintings wear.

All you need is the full voile material and tie like 4 or 5 larhs. Bunga is optional. There's a reason why puratan Singhs wore this type of dastar as it's really compact and secure. All in all, it's truly a jangi type of turban. 

1*R883LBlX3CSoGNCqPc5-_w.png