Homosexuality

Brother, let me please be clear that I am in no way advocating that gay people be persecuted to be considered lesser human being because of being homosexuals.

SGGSj is the ustat of Akal Purkh. SGGSj is not like semitic holy books which says what is right and what is not on worldly matters. For example SGGSj remains silent on pedophilia, necrophilia, zoophilia, incest as well but it does not mean those various paraphilias are accepted in Gurmat. Similarly homosexuality is not accepted if one were to see the life and teachings of Sikh gurus, Bhagat Sahibaan or Mahapursh from puraatan to modern times. The Akal Takht has given it's verdict on homosexuality and it clearly states that a marriage can only occur between man and woman not same sex. You can follow the ways of the world or follow Gurmat. A Sikh is suppose to bend himself to fit into SIkhi not bend Sikhi to fit into their preconceived notions.

Thats my entire point ! lolz

I am not asking for same sex marriage or promoting homosexuality , but did you even notice flaw in your argument ?

First you say SGGS is not for worldly matters , and yet you judge a purely worldly matter such as sexual orientation on gurmat's basis :biggrin2:

Tell me which Guru sahiban said anything about homosexuality . I think its not even mentioned in S Dasam granth . I could be wrong ... but as far as I've read I didn't find it .

10th Guru gave many hukamnamas in letter form, many of which we still have , some of which prohibit sikhs from sexual misconduct .

Is there any hukamnama even mentioning homosexuality ?

Which mahapursh are we talking about ?? One often has ideas differing from another one , sometimes unfortunately , even contradicting ! Again in these 500 years , Sikh religion is the ONLY religion which does not mention homosexuality in anyway !

Shouldn't you be proud that amidst all the hates from religions coming in way of these homos , atleast sikhism spares them .

Isn't this a good thing that your religion does not discriminate on someone's sexual orientation ?? why try to interpret otherwise ?

Oh and don't start me going on Akal Takhat sahib's verdict , :cool2: Let me ask you guys one thing :: Haven't you guys questioned Akal Takhat's credibility here on this very site not so long ago , calling Akal Jathedar a RSS agent or Badal's pet or something . Because when Akal Takhat Jathedar passes a verdict which makes sense to us , its coming from the guru

and when it sounds sloppy to us , then its either the RSS , badal ke or congress ....

How do you decide which hukamnama from Akal takhat sahib is actually based on sikhi principles ?? or is it from rss , or from the congress or badal ?