Help! I Need Guidance To The Right Path!

Guest 51nep

Guest 51nep

WJKK WJKF

Brothers and sisters I need your help, I fear I am leaving the path of righteousness.

I have a muslim friend and he keeps telling me about Islam and it all just seems to make sense.

He told me that Guru Nanak dev ji was a muslim and went to Mecca, is this true?!!

He also said in Islam only muslims go to heaven, but in Sikhism it says you just need to be a good person.

Is any of this true, I need to know before its too late!

Let's see, if I goto England, I'm English? If I goto Canada, I am Canadian? Extremely simplistic view, don't you think?

Contrary to popular belief, Sikhi does not say that one only needs to be a good person. Guru Sahib says numerous times in Gurbani that one must follow the teaching of Satguru to get somewhere. The basic teaching of Sikhi are

- vand shako (share)

- kirat karo (earn an honest living)

- naam japo (lead a righteous and noble life)

I doubt your muslim "friend" is really a friend......but possibly someone just try to convert you. There have been many documentated cases ( not just from Sikhi) of conversions through lies etc.

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com/

Check this website out, and please learn more about sikhi before trusting a non sikh about the principles of sikhi.

WJKK WJKF

Brothers and sisters I need your help, I fear I am leaving the path of righteousness.

I have a muslim friend and he keeps telling me about Islam and it all just seems to make sense.

He told me that Guru Nanak dev ji was a muslim and went to Mecca, is this true?!!

He also said in Islam only muslims go to heaven, but in Sikhism it says you just need to be a good person.

He's barking up the wrong tree, trust me.

If you have a curious mind and have at least 1% affinity for the faith you've been born into, take time this month to read about Sikh history. The fact that you don't know that Guru Nanak Dev Ji wasn't a Muslim is an absolute disgrace.

Forget the internet for a few weeks. Go to the library and take out some books on Sikh history beginning with the birth of Baba Nanak. Then you come back and tell us what you've learnt. No wonder "Abdul" is taking you for a ride!

As for heaven, I can't wait to see the faces of our Islamic friends when they really do get to the "other side". Wish someone would get me a camera for that moment!

WJKK WJKF

You should tell your muslim "friend" Gurbani says heaven is the same as hell. And us Sikhs (if we practice sikhi properly) go to Saachkhand, a place much higher than Heaven.

Hasn't he told you they believe there are 40 virgins waiting for them in their heaven? How is that pure or heavenly? So they control themselves their entire lives just to engage in all that when they die?! What was the point in that self control is that's where it gets them? Sikhs call those actions lowly and like dust. We engage in pleasures much higher through the dasam duar with Vaheguru which is something a muslim will never understand. And yes that is why sikhi is all about being a good person and living your life truthfully.

You need to learn about your own religion. There is no use calling yourself a Sikh if you do not know much about sikhi.

u dont even no u GURU JI went to mecca , he ent tere bcz he wanted to tell those muslims , that god is not in a stone heis everywhere , and there is nohell or heaven , everything is here , reincarnation . go to sikhiwiki.com and learn some stuff . and tell da muslim to leave u alone and that u r a sikh , bcz of muslims our women get gang raped bcz of muslims our religon little childrengot killed bcz of muslims oou gurduaras got burned and beadbi , we had so many wars with muslims and we wer da good guys , they jus wanteed to convert every1 , did u forget that they kill 2 of our GURUS , and they prohpet mohammed molisted little girls , thas who u wanna call ur father a guy who molest litte girls .

Guest 51ngh

On second thoughts I think the OP is a troll. Seems fishy to me. Look at the tags. Someone genuinely conflicted wouldn't have tagged the thread in such a manner. Our OP is probably down the mosque as we speak.

Naa I reckon he's being proper serious as hes probs stressing cuz his parents will be saying one thing nd this muslim *removed* would be chatting breeze in his ear.

This "friend" of yours is lying to you bro. Ditch the liar and learn about sikhi truly nd then you'll know da truth. Sikhism's the proper path, you should do kirtan like every day nd then you wouldn't be in this mess.