Matha Tekhna

I think its mostly daughter in laws that do this. Or for respect to elders. I used to do it with very elderly relatives. But they have passed away now, so dont do it nomore. Yes it does originate from india, a lot people do it there, they do it do get ashirwaad from elderlys which is better than getting baduba.

But there is no point in touching feet when the respect is not inside one's mann, and heart. Respect should be within a person and given in other ways too. Touching feet doesnt mean anything if you have no feeling inside of you and just doing it for the sake of it. My mom hates it if I do it to her, but then again when massaging feet that also involves touching the feet.

But yes it should only be reserved for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Fateh

Nothing, absolutly nothing wrong with paira pena...my family do it all the time (exclusivly for elders) and im third generation uk.

It doesnt come close to mata tekna not even an iota, its the desi way just like western countries to hug each other. just give a little feet or knee touch and thats it. Its respect our community is loosing because were picking up the western mind set and moral.

Rebel singh can i ask how old are you and what part of the uk are you from ji, im not arguing or anything just curious.

when daas had darshan of sant baba labh singh jee, mahapurkh karseva wale killa anandgarh i went to say fateh and touch there knee (which is less of a gesture then touching the knees). mahapurkh made me stand straight and said who taught you this...was it some person or was it your mind because it wasnt what guru sahib taught. guru sahib said fateh..do we want to do wat guru sahib said or wat people do?

in the same way another mahapurkh said that even doing matha tek to a pathar considering it to be god is not a paaap but considering and having gyaan that a pathar is a pathar is a paap. until we have the avastha to see god in all we shud avoid it because itt becomes a risky situation

when daas had darshan of sant baba labh singh jee, mahapurkh karseva wale killa anandgarh i went to say fateh and touch there knee (which is less of a gesture then touching the knees). mahapurkh made me stand straight and said who taught you this...was it some person or was it your mind because it wasnt what guru sahib taught. guru sahib said fateh..do we want to do wat guru sahib said or wat people do?

in the same way another mahapurkh said that even doing matha tek to a pathar considering it to be god is not a paaap but considering and having gyaan that a pathar is a pathar is a paap. until we have the avastha to see god in all we shud avoid it because itt becomes a risky situation

well paaji havin jus read ur post, it reminded me of when i went to panjab wen i was 15 yrs old, and me, my whole family and nana/nani ji went 2 c johala wala sant (Gian Singh). who for sum reason my nana/nani & bradfords sikhs tend 2 be followers of (not saying its a bad thing btw). Wen we went to his centre/dera (wat do u call it, im not sure), anyways, wen we 2 get his darshan, i was expecting 2 jus say fateh/sat sri akaal, but wen i kinda refused 2 initially touch his feet/bow down 2 him my parents/nana/nani) started shoutin at me and forced me 2 do it. Was i in the wrong or they?

Coz Gian Singh himself doesnt actually ever ever ever speak, so didnt object 2 anything. Can any one shed any light into whether i was wrong to initially refuse, coz like i mentioned b4, we bow only 2 our gurus.

http://brahmgiani.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/sant-baba-gian-singh.html

^^^ matha taekna and pairey paena are two different things. Modern deravaad always want ppl to do matha taekna in front of them.

Paerey paena is our culture tradition; informal sign of respect as it is really upto one person whether to do it or not. Thereis no rule saying that one must do it...

Maharaj Guru Gobind Singh used to Matha tek to Mata Gujr Kaur and Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib as stated in puratan Sau Sakhi.

Matha tek to your parents, mahapursh etc is very important as long as it is sincere.

If you don't Matha Tek then Pairi Pena is really a minimum, those who start comparing it with Hinduism are totally mistaken, these traditions go back to the beguinning of time.

well paaji havin jus read ur post, it reminded me of when i went to panjab wen i was 15 yrs old, and me, my whole family and nana/nani ji went 2 c johala wala sant (Gian Singh). who for sum reason my nana/nani & bradfords sikhs tend 2 be followers of (not saying its a bad thing btw). Wen we went to his centre/dera (wat do u call it, im not sure), anyways, wen we 2 get his darshan, i was expecting 2 jus say fateh/sat sri akaal, but wen i kinda refused 2 initially touch his feet/bow down 2 him my parents/nana/nani) started shoutin at me and forced me 2 do it. Was i in the wrong or they?

Coz Gian Singh himself doesnt actually ever ever ever speak, so didnt object 2 anything. Can any one shed any light into whether i was wrong to initially refuse, coz like i mentioned b4, we bow only 2 our gurus.

http://brahmgiani.bl...gian-singh.html

ye i hv been in a similar situation

Maharaj Guru Gobind Singh used to Matha tek to Mata Gujr Kaur and Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib as stated in puratan Sau Sakhi.

Matha tek to your parents, mahapursh etc is very important as long as it is sincere.

Completely different situation. Doing Matha Thek to Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji is the same as doing Matha Thek to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and to Waheguruji.

Parents or mahapurash or bhramgiyani are not Guruji/Waheguruji.