Christian Minister Becomes An Amritdhari Gursikh

Scroll down for before and after picture! In the video Singh Ji explains why he became a Sikh, what caused the transformation.

534790_405817209439557_100000338437137_1280327_778650544_n.jpg

The rest of the videos on the same youtube channel are also very inspirational and informative.

Photo taken from Cross Rd Gurdwara facebook page http://www.facebook....rdwara.coventry (add for lots of sikhi info and inspiration)

Good stuff, but it re-iterates wat ive been barking on about for ever and ever, ENGLISH MUST B SPOKEN @ GURDWARAS in the west! WE live in england, how do u expect non-belivers, like linden was previously, to take an interst in sikhi and try 2 help themselves, when all that is spoken on stage is boring dull panjabi with dictionary words none of have ever heard of of? Dont get me wrong, i love panjabi, its right up there with spanish and persian etc, but if sangat in gurdwaras in south america speak only in spanish, then why cant we speak in english?

Look in the video at how many times brother Linden kept sayin ppl were speakin panjabi on stage and speeches, and he didnt have a scooby at wat was being said! This is why gurdwara attendances are gettin smaller and smaller every year, coz ppl dont wana hear boring old farts on stage talkin nonsense. Speak in english, so kids, teenagers and mid-age ppl can understand. Gurdwaras in coventry n other west midland gurdwaras have been taken over by young sikhs on their committees, and they have turned the gurdwaras into english speaking only and the sangat is getting bigger and bigger. I hear in canada, young naujawan have taken over various gurdwaras too, what the results are im not sure, maybe some 1 from canada on here, can confirm wat the results have been, thanks.

^ I agree that English needs to be spoken at Gurdwara to cater to younger generation and other who do not understand Punjabi. But you have certainly gone too far by calling Punjabi boring and our precious kathavachaks "boring old farts on stage talkin nonsense". Events in English need to accompany Punjabi classes so that interest in Sikh is developed along with a deeper understanding of how important the Punjabi language is.

What I usually see is only events in English taking place with absolutely no emphasis on importance of Punjabi. Hello!!!! if you can't read and understand Punjabi, how will you do paath?!!! If the trend that has started keeps up, then in a couple of generations people in the west won't be able to read Gurbani in the original form. Let's be honest, reading translations and/or transliterations comes no where near reading Gurmukhi. Punjabi is far far far superior to English.

Good stuff, but it re-iterates wat ive been barking on about for ever and ever, ENGLISH MUST B SPOKEN @ GURDWARAS in the west! WE live in england, how do u expect non-belivers, like linden was previously, to take an interst in sikhi and try 2 help themselves, when all that is spoken on stage is boring dull panjabi with dictionary words none of have ever heard of of? Dont get me wrong, i love panjabi, its right up there with spanish and persian etc, but if sangat in gurdwaras in south america speak only in spanish, then why cant we speak in english?

Look in the video at how many times brother Linden kept sayin ppl were speakin panjabi on stage and speeches, and he didnt have a scooby at wat was being said! This is why gurdwara attendances are gettin smaller and smaller every year, coz ppl dont wana hear boring old farts on stage talkin nonsense. Speak in english, so kids, teenagers and mid-age ppl can understand. Gurdwaras in coventry n other west midland gurdwaras have been taken over by young sikhs on their committees, and they have turned the gurdwaras into english speaking only and the sangat is getting bigger and bigger. I hear in canada, young naujawan have taken over various gurdwaras too, what the results are im not sure, maybe some 1 from canada on here, can confirm wat the results have been, thanks.

True, parchar in English needs to be done. But that can only happen if young Sikhs learn about Gurmat and become Parcharaks. Sikhs in every western country need to raise money and open up Taksals in the west. We need our own local Parcharaks/Gianis/Kathakars who can speak in the local language and reach out to people in the language they are comfortable in.

That being said, the Punjabi langauge should not be discarded. For a Sikh Punjabi needs to be learnt. So much of Gurbani and other Sikh canonical scriptures can be understood by some one who has a perfect grasp of the Punjabi language. A serious seeker of Sikhism should always strive to have a perfect understandng of Punjabi.

i can understand punjabi and english fine read, write, speak both. i speak french and german too. my parents bothered to teach me punjabi, its our mother tounge we should know it. my neices and nephews are all 2-4years old and they all understand speak punjabi. we only speak to them in punjabi. english can be learnt in school. punjabi is vital. when i go to punjab i love the fact i can read sign boards and communicate. its up to parents to teach punjabi. punjabi and english in gurdwaras. story of the singh is inspirational.

^ I agree that English needs to be spoken at Gurdwara to cater to younger generation and other who do not understand Punjabi. But you have certainly gone too far by calling Punjabi boring and our precious kathavachaks "boring old farts on stage talkin nonsense". Events in English need to accompany Punjabi classes so that interest in Sikh is developed along with a deeper understanding of how important the Punjabi language is.

What I usually see is only events in English taking place with absolutely no emphasis on importance of Punjabi. Hello!!!! if you can't read and understand Punjabi, how will you do paath?!!! If the trend that has started keeps up, then in a couple of generations people in the west won't be able to read Gurbani in the original form. Let's be honest, reading translations and/or transliterations comes no where near reading Gurmukhi. Punjabi is far far far superior to English.

well mr mod, i dont hate panjabi, i read n write in panjabi, coz of panjabi school back in the day, which is where kids STILL learn panjabi today. So by speaking english on stage, but learning panjabi in panjabi school, kids in the future wont lose panjabi language wud they? BTW i find it funny how u ignored how i said i loved panjabi. If i hated panjabi i wouldnt have gone thru the trouble of listening 2 panjabi songs/panjabi movies with subtitles and making my panjabi improve by over 50/60%, as ive mentioned on another thread.

The "boring old farts" comment, i stand by to the max, everyone knows it, coz wen we see old 80 yr old men on stage talkin rubbish goin around in circles, coz there memory is crap, then they shudnt b there. On days like vaisakhi, wen a lot of the sangat r kids, english must b spoken. I remember goin 2 a famous sikhs' wedding, and the kirtan was narrated in english, sung in panjabi (obviously), the stage announcements n chitchat was in english, and everyone was facing the front. No one was fiddlin with their socks/mobiles. Says everything, ive seen it with my own eyes, so i stick by it.

If people dont agree with me, fair enuff, i dont mind, unlike others on here who start crying if people just speak straight up.