Christian Minister Becomes An Amritdhari Gursikh

In my local gurdwara many non-believers have come, but wen they dont understand wat is being on said on stage, its embarrasing, coz a gurdwara shud cater for the people. Soooooooooo many people have turned 2/back 2 sikh religion in recent years coz of the internet, as there is english parchaar all over the gaff, and its made it easier for them, wen they read translations. Also every granthi/giani who cant speak english in the west shud not be given the job, as they r crucial for peoples journey. If Linden didnt have that english speaking sevadaar/giani at his gurdwara, it wudd set him back a looong time. Look at how muslim will do everything they can 2 help non-muslims learn about their religion, by translating their txts into that persons chosen language, they made the job 1 million times easier. In my gurdwara the gianis cant even say "have a nice day", embarrasing, yet they know how to say, the "akhand path cost xxx pounds" and "2 have an anand karaj it cost xxxx pounds".

The "boring old farts" comment, i stand by to the max, everyone knows it, coz wen we see old 80 yr old men on stage talkin rubbish goin around in circles, coz there memory is crap, then they shudnt b there.
In the 15+ years I have been listening to katha at our local guru ghar, never ever have I come across a katha vaachak "talkin rubbish goin around in circles, coz there memory is crap,"

We have no right to put down parcharaks who are doing lot of seva for the panth while all we do is moan and complain on an online forum.

In the 15+ years I have been listening to katha at our local guru ghar, never ever have I come across a katha vaachak "talkin rubbish goin around in circles, coz there memory is crap,"

We have no right to put down parcharaks who are doing lot of seva for the panth while all we do is moan and complain on an online forum.

well its probably different in canada, but in uk, its pretty much wat i experience. When my own mum tells me wat i have said previously on here, then i know i cant be that deluded, as she is 100% able in panjabi and english. My dad is more in agreement with u tho

well ppl like ranjit singh dhadrianwale r very popular, why is this? its coz he does parchar in panjabi, but he does it in a way, where he gets to the point, talks sense, has a moral in his stories and doesnt use dictionary panjabi words, which havnt been used since 1908. Btw i never slandered parcharaks, but i sed ppl on stage, as in gurdwara committe ppl, and other guest speakers who put ppl 2 sleep.

naujawan like this guy navreet singh, whos speaks in easy-to-understand panjabi i dont mind

In my local gurdwara many non-believers have come, but wen they dont understand wat is being on said on stage, its embarrasing, coz a gurdwara shud cater for the people. Soooooooooo many people have turned 2/back 2 sikh religion in recent years coz of the internet, as there is english parchaar all over the gaff, and its made it easier for them, wen they read translations. Also every granthi/giani who cant speak english in the west shud not be given the job, as they r crucial for peoples journey. If Linden didnt have that english speaking sevadaar/giani at his gurdwara, it wudd set him back a looong time. Look at how muslim will do everything they can 2 help non-muslims learn about their religion, by translating their txts into that persons chosen language, they made the job 1 million times easier. In my gurdwara the gianis cant even say "have a nice day", embarrasing, yet they know how to say, the "akhand path cost xxx pounds" and "2 have an anand karaj it cost xxxx pounds".

:huh2: Please please please , for sake of humanity , never use that word again ... non-believers the word has very ugly connotations attached to it , and is exclusive birthright of abrahamic religions ! I don't know why would a sikh even use that word ?

someone who believes in 'koi bole raam raam , koi khudae , koi seve gosaiya , koi allahe'

:huh2: Please please please , for sake of humanity , never use that word again ... non-believers the word has very ugly connotations attached to it , and is exclusive birthright of abrahamic religions ! I don't know why would a sikh even use that word ?

someone who believes in 'koi bole raam raam , koi khudae , koi seve gosaiya , koi allahe'

well im not the only sikh to have used that word, besides, no one else has a problem with it. infact i even heard it in a sikhi video yesterday on youtube, i c if i can remember which 1. Someone who doesn't believe Guru Granth Sahib as their guru is not a beliver. Some one who's dad isnt Guru Gobind Singh, cant be a believer in him.

I hope we never lose "dictionary Panjabi words". There's a time and place for everything. Let's not dumb everything down. I may also not understand uber-advanced Panjabi but that doesn't mean I want it banished off the face of the earth. I'll just have to try that bit harder to try and understand what's being said.

His image should be up in all places in Punjab!!!!!

Sikhi prachar should strictly be done in punjabi. These days alll resources are available for a person to learn punjabi. Sikhi prachar should be limited to kids or new comers. Make effort to learn punjabi.

Rebel Singh, as per your replies, it will be okay for people in India to learn sikhi in Hindi language? (the same language that makes u uneasy?)

What will happen to punjabi if we encourage all future pracharaks to use English in gurdwaras ? Punjabi will then only be limited to Punjab ? The same state where it's residents see this language as third grade stuff.