Growing My Hair

For the past year or so I have been reading alot on sikhi and my passion for it has grown. I naturally started feeling like I

should keep my hair but have never had the strength to do so. Is there any advice anybody could give me? Im 22 and have a

shaved head at the moment and am unsure whether it will grow fully, is there anybody else in my situation?

vaheguroo

the best advice that i can give is to get to know local gursikh sangat, that will really help you to keep your kesh and not worry what others say/think. remember we are meant to stand out from the crowd

i personally started off wearing a patka/bandana whilst it was growing then after a few months started tying a dastaar. but some people start tying a dastaar right away (use youtube videos to learn).

Brother, I started keeping my hair in october 2011, just before I turned 21, so not really that long ago, I always head gelled hair and started really reading into Sikhi when I was about 15, I decided to take the step and spoke to my friend who is a sardar, he advised me to start tying a patka when I went to Uni and wherever I went, and he taught me how to tie a dastaar and here I am... My advice to you is when the time is right you will know because it will feel like the right thing to do and will be so easy, I never had any doubts about what I was doing and didn't care what anybody else thought... Only you will know when the time is right,

good luck! It beautiful to see others taking the similar steps!

For the past year or so I have been reading alot on sikhi and my passion for it has grown. I naturally started feeling like I

should keep my hair but have never had the strength to do so. Is there any advice anybody could give me? Im 22 and have a

shaved head at the moment and am unsure whether it will grow fully, is there anybody else in my situation?

Bro, just the fact that you have a desire to keep your Kes is kirpa in itself!!! But i would advise you to get regular Gursikh sangat as without sangat taking the step alone can be hard but not impossible. Sangat will keep you motivated to stay on the right path...All the best bro!

Guest dasguruka

Bro I started growing my hair about 8 months ago. Im not from a Gursikh family but Sikhism is such an inspiration that everytime I think about getting a haircut, I make it a challenge to myself not to. My hair is a treasure. Theres such a great history behind it ...Everytime I think about getting a haircut its like a refresher that no matter what challenge life throws at me I'll face it but won't let go of keis. Try it. It works everytime. Put keis on one side and your personal/social/ problems on the other and weigh them. My parents already tried bribing me by giving me money but once Guruji puts the glance on you, then thats all the power you need. Go for it!

Bro I started growing my hair about 8 months ago. Im not from a Gursikh family but Sikhism is such an inspiration that everytime I think about getting a haircut, I make it a challenge to myself not to. My hair is a treasure. Theres such a great history behind it ...Everytime I think about getting a haircut its like a refresher that no matter what challenge life throws at me I'll face it but won't let go of keis. Try it. It works everytime. Put keis on one side and your personal/social/ problems on the other and weigh them. My parents already tried bribing me by giving me money but once Guruji puts the glance on you, then thats all the power you need. Go for it!

Very well said, brother.

I wish and pray those who have gone astray and cut their hair learn from your example.