Bbc Regrets Over Nihals Comments

s50

oh man jus had a look on twitter, and its got ppl very riled up, and jus saw that sikh channel will be havin a discussion on this now, shud i feel guilty now? Even tho he insulted sikhi, and i txt in and then insulted me by sayin that he knew more than me about sikhi, but nihal is gettin sworn at by angry sikhs, i never wanted this reaction. But apparntly like kaljugi sed he above, that he allowed a caller 2 say sikhi is part of hinduism TODAY, AND THAT ON A DAY LIKE THIS where this article has been written!

damn man nihal jus aint gettin the idea is he.

They've just had Jasminder on the radio saying Sikhi and Hinduism is the same. Nihal sits back and let's him come out with his nonsense, and the smirk on his face after Jasminder's diatribe was clear to hear even on the radio.

They've done it again. What a load of crap. I've sent a text message in to make my objections clear.

He would never allow a random caller to say Islam was an "hot-potch" of the pagan Arabian, moon-worshipping culture of the time as well as Christianity, but he sits back and allows a caller to say such things about the Sikh faith.

EDIT: He was obviously never going to read it out as it was criticising him in a calm and non-threatening manner, but I'm sure he read it to himself. As long as he's aware that listeners are aware of the situation regarding the original "hot-potch" issue (and the BBC's reaction to it), and that his shows are being listened to very carefully for future indiscretions, then I guess that's a start.

If anything, this has really spurred me into learning about other faiths, particularly Hinduism, so I can at least argue and debate with somebody who attempts to confuse and mislead. His (the caller's) assertion that the Mool Mantar was very similar to the first verse from the first page of the Vedas (or something similar) sounded believable even to me - imagine the seeds of doubt that have been sewed into the mind of someone learning about Sikhi or even wavering in their belief?

yo paaji, jus listened 2 todays show, to be fair, nihal did question jasminder if that is true and sed that hinduism n sikhi r diffrnt religions, then jasminder blabbered on and said they are the same. Maybe nihal is slightly shook from the recent complaints.

here is the show - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01hmzb5 (listen from 25 mins onwards).

and Brandon Blockhead.

:biggrin2:

On a related note, issues such as these do serve to highlight what a poor job people in positions of imparting Sikh thelogy and knowledge have done.

We all talk about English-speaking parachaaraks, etc., but when is someone going to take to the Gurghar stage on a Sunday and tell the sangat exactly what the differences are between Sikhi and Hinduism? When are we going to be told why Sikhi references the Hindu trinity throughout scriptures? When are people going to be educated regarding the use of certain terminology in the faith?

Learning about one's own faith is a life-long journey. To discover enough about Sikhi to be able to confidently defend (if needs arise) and explain it to someone on a deeper level (i.e. more than what a standard text-book tells us) is not something that can be done in a matter of weeks or months. Then to be expected to know enough about ANOTHER faith (which is another life-long journey) in order to refute someone else's arguments by drawing on what you know about your own faith and THEIR'S is absolutely mind-boggling.

The average man who hasn't got time to devote his life to learning about theology simply desires the facts, and that's why it's the job of our parchaaraks to tell us these facts in a direct and forward manner. Leave the history lessons for a while and tell us the about the issues that are causing people confusion.

I've said before the so called bbc asian network is biased to us, have you ever heard Jasminder he always gets on , they probley phone him

Has nothing good to say, he is RSS in disguise.

This is more reason why we need our ethnic classification, i dont want be part of "Asian Community" or be classed as "British Asian" but that Nihlah and scum bbc bogus asian network bracket us to suit themselves.

Im am British Sikh Punjabi and Brummie of course, end of.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onsole/b01hmzb5

they were discussing inter faith marriages today promoting left wing diversity

SCUM

first two people who phoned were Sikh female, one was married to a gora, and second sho said dont agree with mix marriages.

Jasminder phoned in at 26 mins he is married to hindu and his brother is married to a muslim.

He has just said Sikhi is the same as Hinduism.

He is a wrongun and wants to do a programme to say Hinduisim and Sikhisim is the same.

Nihal acknowledges Jasminder as his friend. He came on during the debate on Bhai Rajoana and sid there was no support fo Bhai Sahib and was allowed to rant a rave against Sikhs. No wonder Nihal is so confused when he has people like that to advise him.

Nihal acknowledges Jasminder as his friend. He came on during the debate on Bhai Rajoana and sid there was no support fo Bhai Sahib and was allowed to rant a rave against Sikhs. No wonder Nihal is so confused when he has people like that to advise him.

@56 mins someone phoned up and said Jasminder is a hypocrite, and Nihals saying there not.