Bbc Regrets Over Nihals Comments

s50

@56 mins someone phoned up and said Jasminder is a hypocrite, and Nihals saying there not.

The reason Nihal allowed Jasminder to ramble on about Sikhi not being seperate to Hinduism is because he felt vindicated about his comment (on another show) that Sikhi was a hot-potch of Hinduism and Islam.

You can hear him smile. You may laugh about how you can "hear" someone smile but he was very pleased with himself when Jasminder had finished his little rant against Sikhi. It was then that I sent my email in. After that, he was reading the incoming emails (you can hear him clicking his mouse if you listen carefully) and I'm 100% sure he read my email but kept it to himself because it was a direct acknowledgement of what Nihal was up to. I'm guessing he didn't expect anyone listening to know he'd been taken to task for the "hot-potch" comment.

WOAH WOAH hang on a minute that txt message that was sent in 2 that show was by ME!! I'm glad that I have caused a slight storm, as nihal didn't even show any respect 2 sikhi, wen he reffered 2 it as mix of other religions. Some of u may remember I opened a thread on here about it. Well I aint "lord" singhs biggest fan, but nuff respect mr singh 4 taking up this issue. Also its funny as it seems asian network seems 2 have taken my/our side over nihals, by admitting that passge of radio was not 'satisfactory'. See we little ppl can kinda make a difference, if indeed anything genuinely happens from this, like nihal actually learning wat sikhi is. Coz I luv the counter argument we have at our disposal, that islam must be a mix of judaism/christianity.

Well done Rebel Singh. You deserve alot of credit for that.

I am curious though.....what are the listening figures for the BBC Asian Network ? I don't know anybody thats ever tuned in in their life ? If I had to guess, I'd say that a tiny 0,5% of 'Asians' have ever heard it. In which case arn't we in danger of giving publicity to a negative something that nobody's ever heard of in the first place ?

I am curious though.....what are the listening figures for the BBC Asian Network ? I don't know anybody thats ever tuned in in their life ? If I had to guess, I'd say that a tiny 0,5% of 'Asians' have ever heard it. In which case arn't we in danger of giving publicity to a negative something that nobody's ever heard of in the first place ?

Hmmm...you're right but I guess it depends on whether we want even a proportionally small number of people to gain the impression that Sikhism is no different to Hinduism. I guess the core problem is the brazen attitude being displayed by Nihal and his team, in assuming they can escape censure and allow hugely inaccurate and inflammatory opinions to be broadcast on a national (albeit niche) radio station.

thanks paaji, yea im not sure bowt listening figures, but they are not a national radio station in the sense that u can pick them up on ur radio, but u can pick them up on their internet site/sky channel 0119 and DAB digital radio, as their national staus was taken away. Most of the callers r from the west midlands and up north, not many from south,

http://www.media247....ndia-tv-ratings

Rajar ratings for Q4 2011 data. Next data results Thursday 17th May

BBC Asian Network
S
unrise Radio 453,000

It was just debated on Sikh ethics on Sikh channel and Nihal phoned in to say sorry, another plus point Lord Inderjit Singh (bbc) phoned in and very angry at the term "asain" being used for Muslims involved in the Rochdale grooimg case, Bhai Mohan Singh brought it up too, not happy either.

So two weadges need to be created between us and the bogus so called "asian" network and us being bracketd as "asian".iIn fact a wedge needs to be created between us and the whole "asian" community, when it comes to classification, and identity.

We already got of to a good start Lord Injderjit of the bbc is on our side in the "asian" term for Pakistani groomers, and a campagin is about to be taken to the highest level regard nihals remarks,

"BRITISH ASAIN" NOT IN MY NAME,.

It was just debated on Sikh ethics on Sikh channel and Nihal phoned in to say sorry, another plus point Lord Inderjit Singh (bbc) phoned in and very angry at the term "asain" being used for Muslims involved in the Rochdale grooimg case, Bhai Mohan Singh brought it up too, not happy either.

So two weadges need to be created between us and the bogus so called "asian" network and us being bracketd as "asian".iIn fact a wedge needs to be created between us and the whole "asian" community, when it comes to classification, and identity.

We already got of to a good start Lord Injderjit of the bbc is on our side in the "asian" term for Pakistani groomers, and a campagin is about to be taken to the highest level regard nihals remarks,

"BRITISH ASAIN" NOT IN MY NAME,.

aaaw man i missed it, can anyone upload this for u s 2 watch? or is this available on sikh channel site?