Question About A Quote

Guest a_singh

Guest a_singh

I posted this under the anonymous section as I couldn't seem to start a topic in other sections. My question is simple, and not in need of anonymity. I visited the Golden Temple a couple years ago, it was for the first time so we visited the museum aswell. From the museum visit, a quote stuck in my head, and has been in my head ever since, yet I haven't been able to find it on the internet anywhere.

I was therefore wondering if anyone here had any background on it for me, for my personal knowledge. The quote was, i think; ''your religion is dear to you, mine is dear to me'' by Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Any information would be helpful, for my personal knowledge. Thanks.

I posted this under the anonymous section as I couldn't seem to start a topic in other sections. My question is simple, and not in need of anonymity. I visited the Golden Temple a couple years ago, it was for the first time so we visited the museum aswell. From the museum visit, a quote stuck in my head, and has been in my head ever since, yet I haven't been able to find it on the internet anywhere.

I was therefore wondering if anyone here had any background on it for me, for my personal knowledge. The quote was, i think; ''your religion is dear to you, mine is dear to me'' by Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Any information would be helpful, for my personal knowledge. Thanks.

Khalsa Ji

Someone was once attempting to persuade Guru Ji about their own faith. Guru Ji replied that just as your faith is der to you , mine is to me. This is a great quote especially when someone is trying to overwhelm others with their beliefs.

Waheguru.