Where And When Did Sanskrit Originate?

I will beg for your forgiveness beforehand if i make any mistake by saying what i am about to say... but now that I think about it, Hindu's were largely populated at the times of Guru Gobind Singh.. it is a strong possibility that Guru Sahib did indeed meant it as a metaphorical way of showing the power of Waheguru. That Guru Sahib meant to say that just like Ram recieved his power from Waheguru, similarily we all receive blessings of Waheguru to go through the tasks in our lives.. that only with Waheguru's kirpa are we successful. That without Waheguru, such tasks cant be achieved. Now in regards to using Ram and Krishna in Dasam Bani, Guru Sahib obviously wanted to show Hindus that Ram and Krisna weren't God.. it was Waheguru who blessed them with the Kirpa...In the Zaffarnama. Guru Gobind Singh states:
ਮਨਮ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਨਮ ਕੋਹੀਯਾਂ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤ ॥
ਕਿ ਓ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤੰਦੁ ਮਨ ਬੁਤ ਸ਼ਿਕਸਤ ॥95॥
I have killed hill Rajas (kings) who are bent on mischief. They are stone idol worshippers, I break idols and I worship one Lord. (Zaffarnama, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
this is also a way of stating that everyone should worship Waheguru not Ram and Krishna who were blessed by God... if anyone is knowledgeble on such a topic, please shed some light
I will beg for your forgiveness beforehand if i make any mistake by saying what i am about to say... but now that I think about it, Hindu's were largely populated at the times of Guru Gobind Singh.. it is a strong possibility that Guru Sahib did indeed meant it as a metaphorical way of showing the power of Waheguru. That Guru Sahib meant to say that just like Ram recieved his power from Waheguru, similarily we all receive blessings of Waheguru to go through the tasks in our lives.. that only with Waheguru's kirpa are we successful. That without Waheguru, such tasks cant be achieved. Now in regards to using Ram and Krishna in Dasam Bani, Guru Sahib obviously wanted to show Hindus that Ram and Krisna weren't God.. it was Waheguru who blessed them with the Kirpa...In the Zaffarnama. Guru Gobind Singh states:
ਮਨਮ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਨਮ ਕੋਹੀਯਾਂ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤ ॥
ਕਿ ਓ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤੰਦੁ ਮਨ ਬੁਤ ਸ਼ਿਕਸਤ ॥95॥
I have killed hill Rajas (kings) who are bent on mischief. They are stone idol worshippers, I break idols and I worship one Lord. (Zaffarnama, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)
this is also a way of stating that everyone should worship Waheguru not Ram and Krishna who were blessed by God... if anyone is knowledgeble on such a topic, please shed some light

This coming from someone with Sant Jee's picture on the avatar?? Please go to Gurmat Veechar and listen to Taksal's interpretation of these tukhs. This is not metaphor. So many people not knowing the meaning of the term "mataphor" lol

This coming from someone with Sant Jee's picture on the avatar?? Please go to Gurmat Veechar and listen to Taksal's interpretation of these tukhs. This is not metaphor. So many people not knowing the meaning of the term "mataphor" lol

lol, i was just curious.. i even asked for forgiveness beforehand.. i m still learning so it sparked a curiousity within me :blink2: ... okie dokie Singho, i will search up Taksaal's interpretation.. thank you jee :biggrin2:

I'm probably wrong, as I don't know very much about this, but I always thought that since literally everyone at that time period knew these stories about the Hindu dieties, Guruji just used them as an example to show Waheguruji's power, and that the stories were never true, he was just using them as an example.

• 1 month later...

We, human beings with little knowledge cannot answer to the when question. We do not know exactly when the world was created. I will answer this question according to my knowledge. According to biblical prophets, the first language given by God to Adam, who was the first man on earth, is called the Adamic language or pure language. This is the first version of Sanskrit ,which is lost among us , because God confounded the languages at the tower of babel.It was done by the Master for a grand purpose, so that civilisation can flourish and develop.

This pure language will be restored in millennium or Sat yug, which is upon us . There are so many wonderful things going to happen on this earth, sky is the limit. we are living in that era.

The Lord has said through a modern prophet," All things will be revealed".

I can go on, but one needs a true guru to obtain pure knowledge.

According to biblical prophets, the first language given by God to Adam, who was the first man on earth, is called the Adamic language or pure language. This is the first version of Sanskrit ,which is lost among us , because God confounded the languages at the tower of babel.It was done by the Master for a grand purpose, so that civilisation can flourish and develop.

do you believe as some do, that Abraham was Brahma?

About the sanskrit topic:

I've heard it was a code developed by the brahmin class to restrict knowledge only to there caste. There's a story:

The wife of a pandit is nagging her husband and saying winter is coming, we have no cotton, we will freeze to death. The husband says he will work on it. Then

a farmer comes and asks blessings/date for wedding of his daughter. The pandit hems and haws and says, "there is a greh, on ur daughter of the fire god, so no wedding

should take place, however if u wrap ur daughter in cotton on her wedding day, she will be safe. Then give me the cotton to burn off the curse/greh. Farmer agrees, and day of wedding

the barat comes with the groom's pandit. The pandit asks in , "Kia-hung kapaa-hung" or what is this cotton but adds a hung sound to every word, sort of like pig latin. And the pandit on the bride side says something to the effect of "stay quiet and half will be yours" in sanskrit "Chup-hung ta(n) Adhi-hung Hov-hung"

But this could just be making fun of the hung sound in sanskrit. I mean huge granths were written in sanskrit, so it must be a real language with grammar. On the other hand, Brahmins really wanted to restrict the other castes from just learning the religious scriptures, so over time a complex code with grammar could've been invented. And I don't think sanskrit was ever a normal, spoken language. Only brahmins knew what it meant, but ordinary people spoke other languages. That's why the brahmins were needed for translation(katha)...

However sanskrit is counted as an official ancient language from which many modern languages are derived, by the western world.

I'm probably wrong, as I don't know very much about this, but I always thought that since literally everyone at that time period knew these stories about the Hindu dieties, Guruji just used them as an example to show Waheguruji's power, and that the stories were never true, he was just using them as an example.

Do you see how dangerous of a statement you just made. If just fairy tales to deliver a message then what about Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji meeting Maharaj. You might say this is a true event, but someone with less knowledge and with a more empirical mindset will tell you that this story can never be and there is a message behind this story. So where or who draws the line of what is a fairy tale to deliver a message or a true event. If you dig enough and sit long enough with atheist in Sikh garb they will tell you that Ik Onkar is something that is with form in its state. They say Maharaj is energy and nothing more. The Guru`s never worshipped Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharj, but praised energy for how it brought life and when this body is at its end, there is no afterlife. This is reality..... meaning there is no reincarnation. Again ask yourself where do you draw the line. This can get very bad in a split second. Which concept is true in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and which one is just there to explain the bigger message? Can you be the judge of this, can anyone be the judge? Never not for a second.

Nothing Maharaj tells us is a story to tell us a message and not meant literally. The story is true so is the message, so are the characters in the true historical events. Maharaj tells us he speaks the truth and nothing I(Maharaj) says is false. Satguru only speaks the truth. Come to the conclusion that Maharaj is Truth and then you will gain much spiritual wisdom.

Every word that Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj speaks is Gurbani. Get a Giani to explain the meaning of Gurbani to you and then your eyes will open up to the reality of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Remember bro this is Gur-Bani. Gur is attributed to Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj in the form of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj, whose form is the formless and whose grace (Satguru grace) is Satnaam (without any fear or hatred Satguru delivers Naam (to who ever is granted his mercy) and the truth in the form of Shabad Guru). All are interwined with no disconnection.