Sex Attacker On Royal Barge During Jubilee Pageant

Pyara

http://www.dailymail...side-Queen.html

How pleased we all were to see a Sikh on the Royal barge during the jubilee celebrations...but now we read this in today's papers.

The Sikh community need to take responsibility of vetting the background of individuals who put themselves forward as "Sikh representatives" to avoid any future embarrassment upon us all.

Headline from Daily Mail example below:

Sex attacker was invited on to royal barge alongside Queen during Jubilee pageant

Harbinder Singh Rana said he did not even know if he had been vetted

The sex offender, 52, served four years for a series of attacks on women

He has since reinvented himself as a pillar of the Sikh community

post-1686-0-07057800-1339061359_thumb.jp

Sajjan Thag was a serial killer but then became an important Gursikh leader after being reformed by Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Very interesting point as this also applies for Bhumia Chor, Valee Kandaree & Kauda Raksh, who also transformed into Gursikhs. People can change and from what it looks like, Harbinder Rana appears to have changed...who are we to judge him on a crime he has already been sentenced for?

I think the phrase "every saint has a past every sinner has a future" is best in this case. That is the philosophy of our religion even man eating demons, cruel barbaric power crazed emperors and rulers were reformed and forgiven by Guru Nanak Dev Ji after repentance. Mr rana has put the past behind him we should move on from peoples past if they have reformed themselves.

Mr rana is a pillar of the community because he is an example of reformation and his work towards anglo-sikh heritage and relations is more than most. He is also well spoken and dressed gentleman as opposed to many so called spokesmen for the community who look a disaster and cant string two sentences together painting sikhs in a poor light.

anglo white racist gutter right-wing sensationalist dailymail editors and journalists probably have a few skeletons in their closests that they dont want exposed.

i agree this is an old story - but one which has done maximum damage in the press to the sikh community.

i think he should have been more responsible, and realised the damage this would do. doesn't mean he shouldnt do his voluntary work, but had savy about giving bad name.

dont think people will want to know him anymore now this has blown up. a pity. he did lots of good work promoting posh sikhs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use