Sex Attacker On Royal Barge During Jubilee Pageant

Pyara

The title of this thread is rather a bit dramatic! I have an image in my mind of some guy wearing scuba gear and with a machete in his mouth, stealthily tracking the Queen's barge, and then bursting onto the boat shouting "I'M A SEX OFFENDER!!!".

Apologies for that, I was just regurgitating the Daily Mail headline in todays news. The Daily Mirror ran the story on the front page with a spread on page 4. That headline was even more sinister...

"Sex attacker on the royal barge: Security blunder lets pervert mingle with the Queen"

Apologies for that, I was just regurgitating the Daily Mail headline in todays news. The Daily Mirror ran the story on the front page with a spread on page 4. That headline was even worse

"Sex attacker on the royal barge: Security blunder lets pervert mingle with the Queen"

No apologies needed. The Daily Mail headline suggests the Queen was in immediate danger.

The issue of Ranas conviction and projecting himself as a representative of the Sikh quom was raised in 2002.

http://icbirmingham....#story_continue

He should have accepted a non media facing role if sewa was his true goal. He appears to enjoy the media attention and being photographed with Royalty.

Sajjan Thag embraced Guru Ji and accepted what he had done in the past was wrong. For years Rana has been telling people it was a case of mistaken identity rather than accepting what he did was wrong.

Can be forgiven but not head of community. We need some internal vetting. Do you think someone with such a history would become USA president? No because his community would object.

What's wrong with us. Yes we can forgive his past mistakes but why we saying this man is out best/role model/ represents what we are all like. There are a million possible candidates

WJKKWKJF

I remember when Rana got convicted and sentenced. I dont know the man but have seen him around in Walsall, neither am I going to judge him, the question I would like to ask all you sympathisers is that if the people he abused and attacked were members of your family, would you be still have the same views. He has spent his conviction and has probably put it behind him....have the victims of his attacks ? Sexual attacks scar victims for life.........

WJKKWKJF

I remember when Rana got convicted and sentenced. I dont know the man but have seen him around in Walsall, neither am I going to judge him, the question I would like to ask all you sympathisers is that if the people he abused and attacked were members of your family, would you be still have the same views. He has spent his conviction and has probably put it behind him....have the victims of his attacks ? Sexual attacks scar victims for life.........

Please understand that criminals can be reformed by the Grace of God.

Please understand that criminals can be reformed by the Grace of God.

Yes they can and that's not the issue.

The issue is that Rana was content in projecting himself in a high profile representative role within the mainstream and the Sikh community. This is not an isolated incident, we have some Gurdwara pardaans with baggage and some who are still known for their immoral activities. All this does is put a on a façade and encourage hypocrisy, further pushing those away who feel the Sikh institutes are all full of corruption, But we don't have any collective influence in influencing who puts themselves forward as a representative of the Sikh Community. This just shows us as a collective Sikh community we lack a real relationship with the elite or influential in British Society, it can be too easily hijacked by individuals with their own agendas.