Can Sikhs Still Be Considered Martial

hgsingh

many sikhs fear joining the military yet say they will fight if sikhs are attacked how can they fight if their to scared to train

I've met a fair few Sikh guys who are physically capable over the years, none of them had the 'military' type of training you're talking about.

Then there is the other thing you've skipped over. That the military agendas of certain nations (say the British for example) are usually VERY dubious, unethical and immoral. A lot of the time they are opportunist 'resource grabs' under the false guise of 'liberation'. I can't see how any conscious, intelligent Sikh could overlook this and blindly aid and abet such schemes, essentially turning themselves into an attack dog of modern day pseudo-imperialism. On top of this is the propaganda such people usually end up propping up by becoming grinning poster boys. Risk your life for white men and their cause and be a 'hero', risk your life in fighting for your own nation and cause and see how the same people will turn around and call you a terrorist in a second.

Anyway, personally I think the absolute basics to start with is living a physical life, training regularly in different ways and eating properly. Parents play a big role here too by feeding their child properly growing up, and encouraging them not to be couch-aloos. I've seen in my own family how when one older person starts training and encourages the youngsters (teenagers) to join him - the training habit sticks with the kids when they are older.

Then you have the psychological aspect - and as fightingsingh alluded to above, if you don't find yourself in a situation that compels you to be tough, then seek it out. Seek out brave friends, people who will take risks - but not overly crazy ones. The truth is that this might lead to getting into fights, time in police cells, cuts and bruises or worse. But let's be frank, this is exactly what people are so scared of. However, to me personally, that's better than risking getting your legs blown off for some bullsh1t cause or helping some outside community subjugate and dominate another. People can't just think simplistically about such issues, there is deepness involved.

I am quite surprised that all the contributors to this forum have ignored the bravery of the

Sikh regiment in giving a bloody nose to the pakis in all wars starting from 1948 in Kashmir to the 1965

and 1971 and most recently in Kargil.

Maj. General M. Khan of Pakistan wrote in his book 'Crisis of Leadership' about the bravery of the Sikh soldiers during the Indo-Pak war.

Here are some excerpts from the book:

"the main reason of our defeat was Sikhs fighting facing us. We were helpless to do anything in front of them. Sikhs are very brave and they have a great craving for martyrdom. They fight so fiercely that they are capable of defeating an army many times bigger than theirs."

I am quite surprised that all the contributors to this forum have ignored the bravery of the

Sikh regiment in giving a bloody nose to the pakis in all wars starting from 1948 in Kashmir to the 1965

and 1971 and most recently in Kargil.

Maj. General M. Khan of Pakistan wrote in his book 'Crisis of Leadership' about the bravery of the Sikh soldiers during the Indo-Pak war.

Here are some excerpts from the book:

"the main reason of our defeat was Sikhs fighting facing us. We were helpless to do anything in front of them. Sikhs are very brave and they have a great craving for martyrdom. They fight so fiercely that they are capable of defeating an army many times bigger than theirs."

I think you mIsread the point of the thread. The quote you posted was true but the starter of the thread is asking Can Sikhs Still Be Considered Martial

Dalsingh after iraq war ppl in europe arnt letting their country get involved in such a war again

With information age ppl won't forget

And your pretty stupid if you want people to hang with gangster wannabe but sikhs should all train in boxing mma krav mega and learn combat

Dalsingh after iraq war ppl in europe arnt letting their country get involved in such a war again

With information age ppl won't forget

And your pretty stupid if you want people to hang with gangster wannabe but sikhs should all train in boxing mma krav mega and learn combat

I don't think he said people should hang around with gangsters. But one thing is for sure, your frame of mind or thinking will be shaped by the kind fo sangat you have. If you hang around couch potatoes who watch star trek all day, then that is what you will become(i.e. couch potato). If you hang around real mards who are hardened in the ways of the street you will not be easily bullied. It's still shocking to see UK Sikhs are being bullied by Paki Punjabis. Such a phenomenon is unheard of in any other part of the world. In all immigrant communities from South Asia in the west, Sikhs usually have the reputation of being strong, tough. But after living in the UK for 3 generations, many UK Sikhs have become weak(sorry but it's true) who easily get bullied by paki punjabis who historically have always been dominated by the Sikhs.

EDIT: I changed the original word I wrote with weak since the original word may offend many people.

Jonny it happends in canada and america to

9 11 look what american sikhss

in Canada and America Sikhs get bullied by Paki Punjabis? are you sure about this? as for the back lash that goray did, many Sikhs fought back but it's not highlighted as much in the media.

[

And your pretty stupid if you want people to hang with gangster wannabe

So do you think everyone who is physically assertive is a 'gangster wannabe'?

If so, that is pretty stupid of you.

physically assertive as in training in combat yeah thats cool but guys who usually go out and get into fights that are punjabis are usually gangster wannabe

like vancouver punjabis who grow up wanting to be gangsters turn out being crack heads who shoot eachohther

from the gurdwara the military culture needs to come back and every gurdwara should allow the military to come and

educate the youth on the opportunity's available in the military

military will scare guys like dalsingh101 away but alot of youth will get inspired

and the military will teach people sikh values like disipline integirty character