Amitabh Bachchan’S Invitation To Leicester Event Causes Outrage In Uk Sikh Community.

US based Sikh group has a lodged a criminal complaint against superstar Amitabh Bachchan for his alleged role in November 1984 anti Sikh riots

Above video report in relation to Amitabh Bachchan's "stand" on the Gujrat Violence of 2002

Keith Vaz has a bit of dodgy past himself. Google 'The Hinduja Brothers Keith Vaz' and you'll realise why. I'd be rather careful before we start placing trust in him to help Sikhs in this cause. I could be wrong, but he usually moves towards where there is prestige and power, and I'd think he's likely to defend Bachchan than speak against him.

Keith Vaz has a bit of dodgy past himself. Google 'The Hinduja Brothers Keith Vaz' and you'll realise why. I'd be rather careful before we start placing trust in him to help Sikhs in this cause. I could be wrong, but he usually moves towards where there is prestige and power, and I'd think he's likely to defend Bachchan than speak against him.

It is Vaz's high profile do, so he needs to take responsibility. But you're right the power and prestige is likely to prevail.

It's the power and contacts that's successfully kept Bachchan's involvement in 84 massacres out of the public eye. Interesting article below from TOI dated Oct 2011, an interview with the inspirational Bibi Jagdish Kaur.

http://articles.time...ts-jagdish-kaur

1984 riots: 'Why nobody noticed Amitabh Bachchan spewing venom in India’

Yudhvir Rana, TNN Oct 20, 2011, 05.54PM IST

AMRITSAR: A prime witness in 1984 anti-Sikh riots said that everyone who had been watching Doordarshan saw how superstar Amitabh Bachchan provoked the rioters.

"I wonder why no one in India lodged case against Amitabh Bachchan for provoking killing of Sikhs," said Jagdish Kaur, prime witness in 1984 anti- Sikh riots while talking to TOI on Thursday.

Following Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's assassination by her Sikh bodyguards Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, India erupted in riots against Sikhs in 1984. Reminiscing the sad memories of hate crime against Sikhs she said, "I watched live relay on Doordarshan and saw Amitabh Bachchan raising his arm and shouting the slogan, 'khun ka badla khun sae laengae' (Blood for blood) two times. "

Jagdish Kaur said that everyone who had been watching Doordarshan was witness to how the bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan provoked the anti- Sikh riots. "I am not concerned that a case has been registered against him in Australia but all I want to know why nobody noticed Amitabh's provoking statement in India," Kaur asked. She said that ever since she saw Amitabh spewing venom in full public glare she never watched any of his movies or programmes on TV. "Any mention of him or his work reminds me of his role in the 1984 riots," she said.

Recently a US-based Sikh human rights group lodged a criminal complaint against Bachchan in Australia for instigating and abetting 1984 anti Sikh riots. Australia's 'Criminal Code Act 1995' states that Australian courts can have jurisdiction over cases involving crimes against humanity irrespective of whether the offense was committed in Australia or not.

Jagdish Kaur, then 42, had seen her husband and son being murdered in cold blood by a frenzied mob inside her house in Palam Colony (West Delhi) on November 1st 1984. She also saw her three brothers Narinder Pal Singh, 35, Raghwinder Singh, 28 and Kuldeep Singh ,21, all contractors with MES, burning to death by the mob while they were trying to save themselves.

This is an amzing opportunity to raise the profile and much more awareness of this issue within the media, at the very least the local Leicester media. Lets not get bogged down with Amitabh Bachan, but try and use this opportunity to educate, educate, educate. But lets not fall into the trap of holding a protest which starts peaceful but turns aggressive in anyway, as thats all Keith Vaz will need to turn the situation against the Sikh community within the local media.

Lets ensure that the protest is more like a vigil (lots of candals) and lets do naam japna like in the Dudley protest. We are currently working on getting Amnesty International down to the event, they wont come if there is even a hint that it may turn into an aggressive protest. Getting them down will improve the chances of it hitting the mainstream media. Letters will also be written to all the MPs within Leicestershire and other faith leaders and bodies, again lets educate.

We are currently working with the local newspaper and news channels to get them down at the protest, therefore we need to ensure that we properly media manage the protest on the day. It needs to come across more as an awareness campaign more then a protest, best way to generate greater sympathy. Play the victims on the day and not the aggressors.

What do you want us to become sheep? and cry out for sympathy? We are lions and lions roar.

What do you want us to become sheep? and cry out for sympathy? We are lions and lions roar.

Don't take this personal veer. This is a general comment.

It's best the lions who cover the faces stay at home on the day so that a sustainable campaign can be carried out. We've witnessed many of the lions who take it to another level run home after these protests and leave others to pick up the pieces.

This should be a series of serious transparent campaigns to raise awareness for those willing to show their faces and put their necks on the line. Our morchas need to be sustainable. It's about being a clever lion!

Great comment from Kaljugi

Lions are also occasionally outsmarted by the jackal. Aman made very valid points. Learn to pick and choose your battles.