Top 5 Movie

hgsingh

My top 10 (I can't decide on a Top 5) are (not in any order):

1) The Godfather

2) Terminator 2

3) Kill Bill Vol.1 and 2 (Can't decide. Technically they are one movie and Tarantino was forced to split them into 2 by the Weinsteins of Miramax)

4) The Truman Show

5) Leon The Professional

6) Batman Returns

7) American History X

8) L.A. Confidential

9) Raging Bull

10) Goodfellas

Amreeican History X, Terminator 2 & Raging Bull r good shouts

Does it surprise anyone that gangster movies were put up

Scarface is about a drug dealer

Scarface one of the most overrated movies ever surely?

Does it surprise anyone that gangster movies were put up

Scarface is about a drug dealer

The best movies are rarely one dimensional. They may appear to be about a gangster or gangsters, but if you look deeper - and what makes some of these movies great - is they are much more than that. For youngsters the initial draw may be the violence, etc., but if the film has been written well enough, the characters seem like people we can identify with. Maybe they have flaws like we do, maybe they make mistakes that we've made. If you can connect with a character on an emotional level (even someone like a drug dealer) you can surely appreciate not to make the same or similar poor decisions.

Other times you just want to switch-off and enjoy. Also, clearly it's not best to take moral cues from characters in movies, but sometimes we get help or inspiration from the most unlikeliest sources.

its funny in vancouver the police make fun of punjabis saying these gangster wannabe have watched scarface to many times

scarface is a movie about a gangster end of the day no excuses

punjabis who listen to gangster rap try making same excuses but end of the day its bull

its funny in vancouver the police make fun of punjabis saying these gangster wannabe have watched scarface to many times

scarface is a movie about a gangster end of the day no excuses

punjabis who listen to gangster rap try making same excuses but end of the day its bull

Well, I won't flog this dead horse any further considering nothing seems to be sinking in on your end, but suffice to say I've not wrapped a gun up in a towel and murdered my corrupt landlord, neither have I asked my friends why they think I amuse them, nor have I smashed a bathroom door down and slapped someone around, neither have I asked someone to bite the curb then stomped on their head. So make of that what you will. If you're the kind of person who is easily led then watching movies, listening to music, etc., is probably not the best thing to do.