Top 5 Movie

hgsingh

Well personally speaking, for someone has never frequented a club or a pub, or hung around on street corners with friends, or gossiped with peers in langar halls and ogled my supposed sisters, basically followed the rules since day one, etc, etc., I've been an avid watcher of films since a young age. Bollywood has never been on the agenda --- those films I do despise.

I've never watched any gandh intentionally --- any salacious scene that does appear I forward until it is over, but I try my best to avoid those kind of films.

Maybe as I walk this path the desire to watch ANY kind of film will diminish, but I resent being made to feel guilty about something that I don't feel is wrong or has done me any damage. Instead I feel these films have fired my imagination and helped me learn things I would otherwise not have realised. Whether that makes me sheltered, gullible or plain sad then I really don't know.

Realistically we're going to watch movies. In this day in age I think we should monitor more of what movies we watch and then limit what our kids and family watch (family appropriate movies). As hard as that may seem, it is still possible to do.

Some stories have strong moral lessons and what not. If a father completely bans their family from watching movies the kids may rebel and secretly do it and then you can't control how far they jump/go with what they watch.

Best thing is to draw a line and be reasonable about it.

I do agree that almost all movies are a distraction though.

I can't understand why people would get annoyed at the fact that some of us like to watch films and even discuss it. Besides, I thought this forum had enough space to talk about "General" subjects...?