Top 5 Movie

hgsingh

@kaljugi

Maybe I watched it too late in the night when my brain was a bit tired?? Was baffled at places like a flummoxed old man!! lol

Really they took the Total Recall idea (being stuck in a dream) and went wild with it.

Just think of the whole thing like an onion; layers being peeled away to reveal more layers, etc.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the people who highlighted The Grey - saw it last week - was one of the best films I've seen recently. I think I'd put it in my top 5 best films ever?

I also recommend another Liam Neeson film called 'Taken' - it's very pertinent to our community as it covers grooming and abuse of naive, vulnerable girls (even has a puppoo sardar at the beginning!)

Saw Prometheus, which was the Alien 'prequel' which wasn't too bad.

Saw a comedy called Thats my boy (Adam Sandler) which had me in stitches - but it is very adult (it's about a school boy who knocks up his teacher and gets her pregnant), so don't watch it if you mind that stuff.

I've really gotten into Iranian films these last couple of years. They're simply equisite works of art. They give us a good indication of what Punjabi films could be...if we change our mindset. Because they don't use nudity, sex or excessive violence the film-makers are forced to ensure that there is not only a beautiful story but that story is beautifully written and beautifully filmed. The Iranians are truly masters in the art of story telling.

So....my recommendations :

1) Bashu, the little stranger

2) The Circle

3) Children of Heaven

4) The Separation

5) Crimson Gold

6) (Turkish) = Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

7) (Indonesian) = The Raid: Redemption

But please friends...please, do not under any circumstances watch a film called A Serbian Film. I am a very broad-minded chappie and am not easily shocked but I can tell you right now that I wish I never saw A Serbian Film. I wish to god I never saw it. I truly regret seeing it. It leaves you feeling very emotionaly scarred.

But please friends...please, do not under any circumstances watch a film called A Serbian Film. I am a very broad-minded chappie and am not easily shocked but I can tell you right now that I wish I never saw A Serbian Film. I wish to god I never saw it. I truly regret seeing it. It leaves you feeling very emotionaly scarred

How can I NOT watch that film now that you've got me so intrigued about its contents! lol