Top 5 Movie

hgsingh

Ha, that's my tea-time treat as well. Cup of tea, chocolate digestives and I'm off. Although I sit down to listen to Rehraas Sahib on the radio! :cool2:

AHA great minds think alike ey? but i must admit i didnt listen t rehrass, i watched Teletubies instead... when they falll asleep so do i :)

Nevermind WLS. I won't talk to you 'no more'.

The fact that you think some animated films cannot be categorised as art goes some way to explain your own slanted take on the medium.

I personally think you're trying too hard to come off as 'avant-garde' but you're completely missing the beauty to be found across the whole spectrum of film. The fact that it doesn't conform to your tastes is not a slight on its achievement and quality, but more a reflection on your prejudices and what you deem to be "worthy".

But like I said, nevermind. If you honestly didn't know what I was referring to earlier in terms of Persepolis, you could've just said "Never heard of it to be honest." Instead you go on to belittle something that is widely accepted as something so far removed from what you're assuming it is, you just make yourself appear uninformed. If you'd seen the film and then decided to trash it then fair enough but you aren't even aware of what I was referring to. You know, it is okay not to know something on the odd occasion.

Then you insult me by suggesting any discussion of animation is the equivalent of talking to a child about Nicklelodeon cartoons.

I'm really rather surprised that someone who posseses the vast amount of knowledge you clearly do, can be so lacking in nuance and sensitivity when it comes to appraising something based on its merits, and not some hugely misplaced, pre-conceived notions that are so wide of the mark they are entirely laughable.

Here's one rant that is truly over. Seriously disappointed, dude.

Wow. Now thats what I call a 'rant' Kaljugi.

Seriously though Kaljugi its really very simple and you shoudn't need be to explain it.

If I wanna watch a great movie with a great deal of money spent on it I'll watch a Hollywood film.

If I wanna watch a great movie with great style, cleverness and a good budget I'll watch a South Korean film.

If I wanna watch a great movie I'll watch an Iranian film.

You're obviously offended because I urinated over your cartoon example. But you need to understand why I did that. Lets take 'Children of Heaven' for example. The little girl has lost her trainers. Mum and dad cannot afford new trainers. Little brother tries so hard to get little sisters new trainers without poor mum and dad finding out how little girl has lost her work hard to earn trainers. This is not the point where one comes in and talks about cartoons. This is the point where one who appreciates movies understands how one does not need a budget, computer graphics, sex, violence or anything else to make some of the world's greatest movies. Boy, in movies, runs through ancient medieval villages and towns in England and nothing reminds me of Punjab. Boy runs through a village in Iran and everything about that village runs true. The design.....the layout....the brickwork...the gates.....the doors.....Everything about it rings true to me as a Punjabi.

Moral of the story ? Don't go bringing cartoons into conversations about gritty realism.

Come on WLS bro, animation isn't limited to kids cartoons. There are very good stories and morals laid out in some things you'd classify as kids cartoons. Just because something is animated, it doesn't mean it can't be realistic and jump into the pool of the human condition - the human psyche.

Quit turning this personal, Kalyugi has been quite fair and solid with his points from what I've read.

This is a very mainstream and not so deep example, but have you seen the movie "Up"?

Get a grip people..we have two sikh brothers bickering with each other over a bloody cartoon movie, here i m thinking collectively all sikh brothers and sisters collectively will make a difference to humanity, human rights for all...come on guys priority people.!!!!!!!!!!

What he said!

Get a grip people..we have two sikh brothers bickering with each other over a bloody cartoon movie, here i m thinking collectively all sikh brothers and sisters collectively will make a difference to humanity, human rights for all...come on guys priority people.!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Its actually quite funny when you think about it.

Lets call a truce Kaljugi. You like cartoons....I don't. Its no big deal. Lets be friends.

If I can just take his opportunity to explain one point though. You have misunderstood the reasoning behind me mentioning the plot in Children of Heaven....a little boy from a poor family trying to get new trainers for his little sister before mum and dad find out. Whilst the Iranian / PUnjabi village analogy I talked about actually referred to the movie 'Pedar' (father) I mentioned the plot of children of heaven to use as a metaphor for the simplicity of great film. No animations...no fancy graphics....no nothing. Just simple everyday life.

how come no-one mentioned LION KING???? :p

cartoon movies are the best lol...

1) lion king

2) bolt

3) shrek

4)monsters inc

5) Nomeo & Julliet

6) finding nemo

7) gafield .....and the list goes on :D

No......just no.

lol :)

Hakuna-matata!