Top 5 Movie

hgsingh

I'm sorry, but TDK trilogy is the best ever made.

Rewatched it all on bluray/surround sound over a period of a couple days. Had goosebumps throughout each film, was great! Just thought I'd say that for the 100th time.

Best ever movies in order:

TDK Trilogy

TLOTR

The Last Samurai

I'm sorry, but TDK trilogy is the best ever made.

Rewatched it all on bluray/surround sound over a period of a couple days. Had goosebumps throughout each film, was great! Just thought I'd say that for the 100th time.

I'm a bit of a Batman fanboy since I was like 6 or something. :biggrin2: What I really like about the character from the comics is how Bruce Wayne turned the death of his parents into a positive by training his mind and body to its absolute zenith, to ensure that what happened to him as a child isn't repeated in Gotham again. The discipline and dedication - even if it is a fictional creation - is an example that if life throws you a lemon you try to make lemonade, lol.

In terms of the Dark Knight trilogy I respect the director and his team for restoring a lot of credibility to the character (especially since the nonsense of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin), but I was very, very disappointed by The Dark Knight Rises. I expected something a lot better from Chris Nolan, but for me, the whole thing just didn't click as it should have. Nolan had the right ingredients --- Bane was absolutely fantastic (every single line of dialogue of his is SO quotable), Catwoman was brilliant in terms of portraying her as a thief who traverses the line between good and bad, etc., but there was just something missing from the final movie and the trilogy as a whole. I guess I didn't agree with Nolan's interpretation of the character as it differs from what many fans consider to be the true essence of Batman, i.e. a selfless servant of the city not wishing to walk-away from his duty.

But anyway enough of the essay I liked the movie because there were individual scenes of absolute brilliance, but overall it was not fulfilling either on an emotional level or as the final part of a trilogy.

I'm a bit of a Batman fanboy since I was like 6 or something. :biggrin2: What I really like about the character is Bruce Wayne turned the death of his parents into a positive by training his mind and body to its absolute zenith, to ensure that what happened to him as a child isn't repeated in Gotham again. The discipline and dedication - even if it is a fictional creation - is an example that if life throws you a lemon you try to make lemonade, lol.

In terms of the Dark Knight trilogy I respect the director and his team for restoring a lot of credibility to the character (especially since the nonsense of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin), but I was very, very disappointed by The Dark Knight Rises. I expected something a lot better from Chris Nolan, but for me, the whole thing just didn't click as it should have. Nolan had the right ingredients --- Bane was absolutely fantastic (every single line of dialogue of his is SO quotable), Catwoman was brilliant in terms of portraying her as a thief who traverses the line between good and bad, etc., but there was just something missing from the final movie and the trilogy as a whole. I guess I didn't agree with Nolan's interpretation of the character as it differs from what many fans consider to be the true essence of Batman, i.e. a selfless servant of the city not wishing to walk-away from his duty.

But anyway enough of the essay I liked the movie because there were individual scenes of absolute brilliance, but overall it was not fulfilling either on an emotional level or as the final part of a trilogy.

I've also been a fan of batman since I was a kid. I thought they did a good job of portraying Bruce Wayne as being a selfless servent. Although he walked away in the end of TDKR, he left on a good note with some insurance. It was a bit annoying how they portrayed Rachel and his relationship with her, particularly in the second movie, but overall the rest of the movie didn't really make me think much of it. It was a great balance between pleasing the masses and the Batman die-hard fans.

I still think it was a masterpiece.

~~

The only disaster that makes me mad that I can think of right now is the Transformers series. Don't feel like starting about that lol

I've also been a fan of batman since I was a kid. I thought they did a good job of portraying Bruce Wayne as being a selfless servent. Although he walked away in the end of TDKR, he left on a good note with some insurance. It was a bit annoying how they portrayed Rachel and his relationship with her, particularly in the second movie, but overall the rest of the movie didn't really make me think much of it. It was a great balance between pleasing the masses and the Batman die-hard fans.

I still think it was a masterpiece.

If you thought it was a masterpiece then it is a masterpiece, no worries on my end!

The bit at the end where Alfred nods at Bruce as he's sitting with Selina in the cafe is just wonderful. From a purely emotional perspective (minus any character bias from me) I thought that was class. Bruce seemed happy and content, although I do hope he married Selina and he's not just seeing her casually. The sanctity of marriage is vital! :biggrin2:

My biggest complaint about TDKR is how everything felt a bit rushed. We needed TWO movies for the final part. Things just seemed to happen so quickly!

EDIT: Since watching TDKR last week I've been walking around with a parna over my mouth and saying stuff like "You think the shadows are your ally?" and "...do you accept this mans resignation" etc.

If you thought it was a masterpiece then it is a masterpiece, no worries on my end!

The bit at the end where Alfred nods at Bruce as he's sitting with Selina in the cafe is just wonderful. From a purely emotional perspective (minus any character bias from me) I thought that was class. Bruce seemed happy and content, although I do hope he married Selina and he's not just seeing her casually. The sanctity of marriage is vital! :biggrin2:

My biggest complaint about TDKR is how everything felt a bit rushed. We needed TWO movies for the final part. Things just seemed to happen so quickly!

EDIT: Since watching TDKR last week I've been walking around with a parna over my mouth and saying stuff like "You think the shadows are your ally?" and "...do you accept this mans resignation" etc.

The pain and agony to come after your mom sees you with a parna over your mouth and removes it.

"But wait...mom...noooooo...!!"

They just don't understand :(