Ramgarhia Kom?

Guest Jag Singh Johal

Guest Jag Singh Johal

Sat sri akal to all,

Ok nice n simple topic here well not nice but u get me i asked a good freind of mine about why SARDAR Jassa Singh Ramgarhia is now Maharaja Jassa Singh and he goes cause 'itz a TK ting' then he told me a website to go on and it wil explain more better 

http://www.ramgarhiakom.com after going on the website i noticed a tab which said 'our gurus' and underneath it said baba vishwakarma :s (hinduism) n then it had 'OUR GEMS' ??? is their such a ramgarhia kom n if so whats happened being part of the mighty sikh kom y's everything our? whats the whole point of a ramgarhia kom ? Is it to do with their misl history someone please explain thanks for your time

Guest Singh

Some ramgaria do believe in baba vishwakarma - thats because he is the "God of tools". This is purely hindu mentality and niddar supporters trying to push this into Sikhi. All bullcr*p

Sometimes I think Maharaja Ranjit Singh made the biggest mistake in his raaj. He brought the misals togehter. As far as the history of the Khalsa we have never been able to unite. We have to go our separate ways. Either caste, jatha or whatever. We need an issue to fight with eachother. It seems majority of the Sikhs want their own powers. We seem to have 90% leaders and 10% who perfer to stay mumb.

Things like this are bound to happen and will only increase as the years, decades and centuries go by --- if we're lucky enough to survive that long. The further we move away from the time of our inception as a faith, the more myth will meld with reality and people will begin to put forward their own versions of who was who, etc.

Like the poster manvimattu said above, it doesn't help that the various constituent groups of Sikhi are rather diverse and vying for power or respect or status, and ego rears its ugly head more often than not.

Sometimes I think Maharaja Ranjit Singh made the biggest mistake in his raaj. He brought the misals togehter. As far as the history of the Khalsa we have never been able to unite. We have to go our separate ways. Either caste, jatha or whatever. We need an issue to fight with eachother. It seems majority of the Sikhs want their own powers. We seem to have 90% leaders and 10% who perfer to stay mumb.

What a pessimistic way of looking at things. Instead of being proud of how much Maharaja Ranjit Singh achieved by uniting the Sikhs,

to term it as " made the biggest mistake in his raaj." is something which only a pessimist can up with.

He did not bring the misls together he annexed their kingdoms only ones like eg phulkian ie patiala etc got away with it as did the other malwa sardars we because the British supported them the Sutlej was the boundary.

Guys read history of the misls they were small kingdoms whose leader was Sikh. They were not Sikh kingdoms per se they fought amongst themselves for power etc only got together to fight invaders to ensure their possessions remained in tact.

Btw ramgarhia is coined from jassa singh s residence ram ghar he was a tarkhan and as he became a big boy all tarkhan used that to describe themselves as they wanted to be associated with something recognised.

Same thing with kalal s jassa Singh aluwalia born in village aul. As he became leader of the sikhs all from his caste adopted the surname alhuwalia to show they were linked to someone great.

Our gurus rejected caste but it does not seem to have filtered through to Grassroots level as the coins minted by jassa Singh aluwalia that were sent to abdali after he conquered Lahore praised our gurus and had his name with reference to his baradari ie brewers

This topic serves no purpose besides drawing further divisions within our qaum. Its one thing to appreciate the contributions by a sub-community within the Khalsa Panth, but something else to consider oneself as better than others just by claiming allegiance to a contributory sub-community. At the same time, there is no point pinpointing one particular sub-community as "racists" when we have every other sub-community looking upon itself as better than others. Be they Jatt, Bhappe, Tarkhan or any other, there are elements within each one of these ethnicity who are guilty of "racism".