Bjp: Rajoana No Martyr

Azaad

The Punjab BJP today made it clear in the assembly that it was against bestowing honour on former Chief Minister Beant Singh’s assassin Balwant Singh Rajoana, saying it would not compromise on terrorism.

Speaking on behalf of the BJP after a demand from Congress Legislature Party Leader Sunil Jakhar that the party should make its stand clear on the floor of the House, Health Minister Madan Mohan Mittal said: “We do not regard any murderer as a martyr”.

pb9.jpgNaming Congress legislators Gurkirat Singh Kotli, Rakesh Pandey and Tarlochan Sondh, the BJP leader said “I am with them” on the issue. Mittal explained his own role during the period of militancy, saying he had led the fight against terrorism from the front, even as he accused the Congress of being responsible for the same. He even claimed that “Rao wanted us to support the Akali faction led by Capt Amarinder Singh. He wanted to make Amarinder CM as he felt the people of Punjab would not accept a Congress government”.

Talking to TNS, Mittal said the memorial issue was likely to be closed with the Chief Minister making it clear that it would be a gurdwara without any photographs. “We had lodged a protest with the CM and told him categorically that raising a memorial to those killed in Operation Bluestar was not a good development”. He said with today’s clarification, the controversy on the memorial was over as the hardliners had given a different connotation to the proposed memorial.

Mittal also claimed that there were hardliners within the SAD who wanted to create trouble for Badal. “They want to put Badal in an awkward position and not us”, he said, adding attempts were being made to embroil Badal in a controversy by joining religion with politics.

The BJP leader also claimed that the SAD had little role in the decision to honour Rajoana, adding the Damdami Taksal and a few other hardline groups were behind the move. Mittal, however, made it clear that the BJP was opposed to any move to honour Rajoana. “We are clear that a murderer is a murderer and can never be turned into a martyr”, he added.

How come BJP is always running their mouth? "We will not tolerate it". Who are they to tell us what to do? They don't represent us and we didn't elect them. Compare that to Akali Dal who are always walking on egg shells. They don't want pictures because they don't want us to remember what they did.

WHY WHY WHY IS THE BJP INTERFERING IN SIKH ISSUES AND RIGHTS??? They have NO rights whatsoever!.. only the five Takhts has that right... heck not even Parkash Singh Badal has such rights but the whole of Punjab dances to the tunes of Parkash Singh Badal and the corrupt Akaali Dal.. Parkash Singh Badal has had more than enough Raj over Punjab... we need a honest man to take Punjab into the right path.. thus, Guru Gobind Singh Ji's hukam "RAJNEETI PARNI" lastly in regards to terrorism?... the words of Mahapurkh Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale "If getting Sikhs to take amrit and stay away from drugs, alcohol, abstain from trimming their hair and beards, defending the honor of our sisters and the spilling blood of the shaheeds is the work of a terrorist then yes I am a terrorist"

BJP leader advani very proudly says it was under bjp pressure that Indira gandhi had attacked Darbar sahib. The BJP and Congress both are enemies of the Sikhs. It's a shame akali dal is in alliance with bjp. Who cares what bjp or congress think. This is an internal Sikh affair. Non Sikh interference is not required.

I still dont understand that when Sri Akal Takht Sahib declared Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana as JINDA SHAHEED what right does BJP have on calling him a terrorist? I guess BJP is still following the footsteps of Indra Gandhi who labelled Sant Bhindranwale a terrorist.. India must really hate Sikhs cuz they love to discriminate against Sikhs...

I still dont understand that when Sri Akal Takht Sahib declared Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana as JINDA SHAHEED what right does BJP have on calling him a terrorist? I guess BJP is still following the footsteps of Indra Gandhi who labelled Sant Bhindranwale a terrorist.. India must really hate Sikhs cuz they love to discriminate against Sikhs...

BJP is not following Indira Gandhi's footsteps. Rather it was her who was following BJP's footsteps. One of the major reasons why she attacked Darbar Sahib was because she wanted to win Hindu support during the next elections, which she did. By attacking Darbar Sahib she wanted to show the Hindus that she cared for their sentiments and anyone messing with Hindus can be taught a lesson. BJP were already putting pressure on her to attack much earlier as Advani mentioned in his book. After the attack Bajpai showing support for her murderous decision said Indira Maataa should have done this 6 months earlier. It is a shame if a Sikh joins Congress, but it is even a bigger shame if a Sikh joins the BJP. Shame on Sindhu (amritsar MP) for being a part of the BJP. Sikhs like him are a disgrace to Sardars.