Depressed And Ashamed

Guest singh

man, i was in basically the exact same situation, dropped out of college, broke up with my gf, lost some friends, had some major family problems, crappy job and some other things that I don't want to mention. All of this was due to my anxiety but one day I just woke up and broke out of the cycle of depression. First thing you should do is go to a doctor and get some anxiety medication, I recommended propranolol 20 mg, it will kill your anxiety, your heart won't race like crazy and you'll be able to think clearly and calmly and that dreaded feeling of panic will basically be eliminated. Next, the sky is the limit, life is long, people change careers, people break up during relationships, so you still have time for everything!!!

I would say do your Nitnem if you are not already, keep going to the gurdwara and doing Naam Jaap for at least 5 mins a day to build up a good sort of spiritual shield everyday, otherwise these minor thoughts can creep in and basically drown you in themselves

You've got to get a boost everyday to keep you high and untouchable, so try that

as far as the job situation goes, I would say on a career level, can you do a course of some sort to boost your prospects? I know you haven't worked in a while and a course can be quick, but might cost a bit but still look into it, might be a quick way to get back into employment of some sort and looks good

I know lots of people suffer from anxiety so don't think its just uou, its practically everyone in some way or another. I would say 2 things, firstly listen to kirtan more or if you feel anxiety at anytime hum a tune to yourself to relax you, something you like, and is applicable. Secondly keep doing your naam simran and naam jaap and it could be that the mind needs cleaning from toxic emotions etc, so thats a long term approach, give it a try, let us know how you get on

I would just like to say, when we feel under pressure, dont worry so much, things can turn around very quickly when we start acting, dont look back so much, everyday set yourself a goal to acomplish and before you know you will have come so far it will be amazing

good luck

man, i was in basically the exact same situation, dropped out of college, broke up with my gf, lost some friends, had some major family problems, crappy job and some other things that I don't want to mention. All of this was due to my anxiety but one day I just woke up and broke out of the cycle of depression. First thing you should do is go to a doctor and get some anxiety medication, I recommended propranolol 20 mg, it will kill your anxiety, your heart won't race like crazy and you'll be able to think clearly and calmly and that dreaded feeling of panic will basically be eliminated. Next, the sky is the limit, life is long, people change careers, people break up during relationships, so you still have time for everything!!!

did u ever try theraphy? cuz i remmember i was given anxiety pills n they were crap... but i still have to go back to the Drs.

try sitting down and doing one mala (108 beads) or twenty minutes of mool mantar simran. if you need to, speak it out loud and listen with your ears. you don't have to rush it. slowly increase the amount of time you devote to mool mantr. when 10 percent of your day is given over to simran, and almost certainly before that, you *WILL* have peace of mind.

Guest dasguruka

You will have achieved alot if you get a thirst for Waheguru, regardless if you achieve anything else in the world. Start with Gurbani and doing daily Nitnem.

bani helps. do alot of it. as much as you can.. then slowly increase it from there.

giv in to bani.. learn new bani. it has all the answers. take a hukamnama each day, or just read a random shabad from a bani. then put that in your life.. carry out whas said.

and remember.. no matter how mundane a job is, u have naam! guru naanak paatshaha gave it to the entire world to jup.. jagtaaran paatshaha hai..

and we have been given this understanding..

and reason says, the more mundane the job, the more time u have to jup sum crazy amounts of naam! :D

naam is such a thing, if helps here, and after 'here'..

your potential is not restricted to the world created by humans.. starting again is not uncommon. create a base of true logic. all else fits in there. like the worldly workings. the entire sristi is standing on naam. jup it, and u will sift and sort through your proplems.

How's the issue with your social anxiety now? Have you been able to resolve this as this sounds like the trigger for the other issues you have reported. Appreciate the here and now, not sure how old you are but even if you were 60 you would still have a lot of potential and possibility left in your life. I've seen so many people who would kill for some extra time to do the things they felt they could never do and because of illness it is unlikely they will get to do. Take each day one step at a time and remember Vaheguru is with you each step of the way :)

• 2 weeks later...