Depressed And Ashamed

Guest singh

Guest singh

To cut a long story short,

I have been unemployed for the last 4 years this was due to a social anxiety problem I had. Now i just feel lost.

due to the problem i missed out on the career path i wanted to go into. and now because of the anxiety problem. my life has been left ruined. ie job prospects ect. my life has just completely turned upside down. and ive gone so far behind and missed out on so much on life. ie having a stable job, success in educational and career path. no gf or friends. Just missed out on all the normal things people take for granted in life. And to top it off. i feel ive let everyone down and im ashamed that ive not achieved or done anything. now i just feel so depressed and demoralized that i just couldn’t bare working in some low down dead end job. i feel i had so much potential but it all went to waste. i just feel so unfulfilled in everywhere single way. All motivation and ambition has just deserted me. Ive gone so behind. I feel like a failure in life. A life that has just been wasted.

_singh_ji..... you are in a cycle at the moment that is undoubtedly having a snowball effect. The only way to get out of it is to just make up your mind to attempt something and stick to it.

Its hard, but just try not think about the past and get back up on the horse and give it another go. If the normal full-time student gig doesn't suit you, then you could always think of a different way of studying, ie an apprenticeship in a trade or part-time/night college (assuming that studies/upskilling is what you wanted to do).

You may be plagued with doubts about life Singh saheb, but just know that the world is your oyster:- and there is no doubt about THAT.

dear brother sister. Like all the above quotes. Falling down is not failing. Not getting back up is failing. If Waheguru and help and ex class druggie like me, Waheguru can most certainly help you as well. The only thing I cay advise is to never give up keep going forward. If one door closes, don't keep staring at the one closed door because you may miss out on the doors which opened.

Khalsa Ji

In addition to the above posts please note that if you start the day with Gurbani Nitnem you will experience a reversal of fortune , i.e. you will get the job you're looking for , the status , and everything else.

The proof:

ਪੰਨਾ 638, ਸਤਰ 2

ਅਚਿੰਤ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ॥

Acẖinṯ kamm karahi parabẖ ṯin ke jin har kā nām pi▫ārā.

God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord.

ਮਃ 3

Waheguru.

waheguru ji......realization is the solution........start now.........it;s in your hands to turns things the way you need them......

read this interesting self help book.......answers all of your questions....I know in my personal acquaintances, it has changed many peoples life, some thinking of suicide are ahead of us today........in every path of life, job, house, family, spirituality, you name it and they have it,,,,in very short time........

The-Power-of-Your-Subconscious-Mind-by-Joseph-Murphy-SMSE-2010.pdf

To cut a long story short,

I have been unemployed for the last 4 years this was due to a social anxiety problem I had. Now i just feel lost.

due to the problem i missed out on the career path i wanted to go into. and now because of the anxiety problem. my life has been left ruined. ie job prospects ect. my life has just completely turned upside down. and ive gone so far behind and missed out on so much on life. ie having a stable job, success in educational and career path. no gf or friends. Just missed out on all the normal things people take for granted in life. And to top it off. i feel ive let everyone down and im ashamed that ive not achieved or done anything. now i just feel so depressed and demoralized that i just couldn’t bare working in some low down dead end job. i feel i had so much potential but it all went to waste. i just feel so unfulfilled in everywhere single way. All motivation and ambition has just deserted me. Ive gone so behind. I feel like a failure in life. A life that has just been wasted.

im going thu the same thing right now... i have no maney no anything.. life isnt too good from where i am either.

The only reason for a job is to earn so you can sustain yourself and your family, and so you can give to others. You only need a job which can achieve that.

Our REAL true potential is not gonna be unlocked through a job or any worldly activity. Our real true potential will be unlocked by following the path of Gurmat, of trying to find Vaheguru. Take up the real challenge, the job which will give you the greatest reward.

So smile! As long as you can do naam simran and recite/hear Gurbani, nothing has been lost. In fact as a Sikh you have Guru Sahib so you have everything! Remember, the spark of Vaheguru is within you!

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Aasaa Mehalaa 5 ||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥

Bhee Paraapath Maanukh Dhaehureeaa ||

This human body has been given to you.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥

Gobindh Milan Kee Eih Thaeree Bareeaa ||

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥

Avar Kaaj Thaerai Kithai N Kaam ||

Nothing else will work.

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥

Mil Saadhhasangath Bhaj Kaeval Naam ||1||

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿ ਲਾਗੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਨ ਕੈ ॥

Saranjaam Laag Bhavajal Tharan Kai ||

Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean.

ਜਨਮੁ ਬ੍ਰਿਥਾ ਜਾਤ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Janam Brithhaa Jaath Rang Maaeiaa Kai ||1|| Rehaao ||

You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause||

ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਨ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥

Jap Thap Sanjam Dhharam N Kamaaeiaa ||

I have not practiced meditation, self-discipline, self-restraint or righteous living.

ਸੇਵਾ ਸਾਧ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥

Saevaa Saadhh N Jaaniaa Har Raaeiaa ||

I have not served the Holy; I have not acknowledged the Lord, my King.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਨੀਚ ਕਰੰਮਾ ॥

Kahu Naanak Ham Neech Karanmaa ||

Says Nanak, my actions are contemptible!

ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੇ ਕੀ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਸਰਮਾ ॥੨॥੪॥

Saran Parae Kee Raakhahu Saramaa ||2||4||

O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary; please, preserve my honor! ||2||4||