Why Are Sikh People So Against Radha Soami Path

Mand5

RS are nothing more than a cult. They are not very popular in Beas and the surrounding areas.

Bhaji, I beg to differ. From my own seeing, they have an extremely strong presence in Beas, which is why when anyone says "I go to Beas", you know exaclty what they mean. If you said to someone "I go to Amritsar" they still woldnt know you are a Sikh.

If you talk to people of Waraich pind whose village has been engulfed and now longer exists and have now have been scattered all over the local area will tell you how much they regret losing their village.

Bhaji, are you aware that the people of Waraich approached SGPC and also I have heard Ajnala's jatha for support in running the historic gurdwara, but when no support was forthcoming, they lost heart, and sold up.

Now the same thingis beginning to happen to the other villages as well. It was known that when Waraich village allowed RS to enter their village over 100 years ago,they were warned that it would be a decision that they would regret.

It happening once is bad enough, but we should be prepared for a second occurence.

Why are we arguing about israel, and islamic state stuff when we should focus on our own?

They do have a strong presence in Beas, but people in the Baba Bakala tehsil are not big fans of the Dera. In a lot of ways, they are like Walmart/Tesco. I agree that Beas has a lot of facilities due to the Dera, another reason is that there is an Army Depot there so there is a military presence there.

SGPC will not do anything as RS does have a lot of tacit govt backing. The reason why Waraich pind sold up is because the first houses that sold their land got very good offers but after that the offers were not as lucrative but also the Dera were digging out the land around the homes which meant a lot of the homes were left on edge of the cliffs which meant they had to accept the offers from the Dera otherwise their homes would have subsided.

However, Waraich benefitted from 24 hour electricity unlike other villages and they were the least affected village during the false encounters in the 1980s and early 90s due to their proximity to the Dera.

I cannot understand why RS wants to expand into other villages, what is there to gain

We should focus on our own, but there is no harm in looking at what is happening in the wider world.

I cannot understand why RS wants to expand into other villages, what is there to gain

We should focus on our own, but there is no harm in looking at what is happening in the wider world.

they wish to expand as it puts them in a postion of power.

we should focus on our own, you are right, and once matters are resolved, we could then look at issues in the wider world that dont affect us.

they wish to expand as it puts them in a postion of power.

we should focus on our own, you are right, and once matters are resolved, we could then look at issues in the wider world that dont affect us.

that isnt very sikh like. almost (but not exactly) like saying charity begins at home

Sikhs are to be faulted if they join rs path, they are weak in their Sikhi and have failed to realise that we already have everything we need contained in baani for our spiritual development.

We have no need to turn to pakhandi babas and fake sants.

what should be done to sikhs that follow other paths?

what should be done to sikhs that follow other paths?

What should be done to them ? Sikhs are not a missionary religion if they are they weak in their Sikhi that they chose to look outside before looking inside good riddance to them. Sikhi is for those willing to make the necessary sacrifice, there is no offers of 5000 virgins in heaven etc.

All that can be done is to offer these people parchaar and try to clear any misconceptions they have to make them realise the mistake they have made and encourage them back into Sikhi.

What should be done to them ? Sikhs are not a missionary religion if they are they weak in their Sikhi that they chose to look outside before looking inside good riddance to them. Sikhi is for those willing to make the necessary sacrifice, there is no offers of 5000 virgins in heaven etc.

All that can be done is to offer these people parchaar and try to clear any misconceptions they have to make them realise the mistake they have made and encourage them back into Sikhi.

thats seems fair enough

Geo for some reason I can't leave comment on the other page they blocked me maybe I said you not sikh I said the way you talk to jonny maybe I misunderstood when you ask guru gobind Singh ji what true sikh look like he said

Pratham Rahit Yeh Jaan, Khande-ki-Pahul Chhakey.

Soee Sikh Pardhan, Avar Naa Pahul Jo Lai.

So Sikh Sakhaa Bandhap Hai Bhai,Jay Gur Ke Bhaaney Vich Aavey

Aapney Bhaaney Jo Chaley Bhai, Vichharr Chotaan Khaavey

Only that person is a Sikh and he is my near and dear one, who comes under the total allegiance of the Guru. As against this, one who owes allegiance only to his personal will, always remains in separation and will suffer

Waheguru

Geo for some reason I can't leave comment on the other page they blocked me maybe I said you not sikh I said the way you talk to jonny maybe I misunderstood when you ask guru gobind Singh ji what true sikh look like he said

Pratham Rahit Yeh Jaan, Khande-ki-Pahul Chhakey.

Soee Sikh Pardhan, Avar Naa Pahul Jo Lai.

Only that person is a Sikh and he is my near and dear one, who comes under the total allegiance of the Guru. As against this, one who owes allegiance only to his personal will, always remains in separation and will suffer

Waheguru

i think the topic got locked for everyone. i dont fully understand your post above but from what you write at the bottom, does it imply that only sikhs, or even only true sikhs, will not remain in separation and will not suffer. ie everyone else will be in separation and will suffer?