Whats Happening To Me...........

Guest NON

okay please can somebody help me

i am 18 years old right and i am suffering from anxiety, depression, lonliness and lots of othetr things that dont even make sense.

i am losing faith in sikhi. i really dont know what to say just that i get realyl angry i barerly laugh anymore and that i honeslty dont want to be alive anymore. i have left college and i have nothing to do. my anxiety makes me scared and it makes me not want to do anything. i cant even think straight anymore i feel like i am going crazy and this is not a joke. i have no furutre prospects i dont know what i want to do wiht my life. i am not going to university becuase its too difficult and i am afraid to start something new becuase my anxiety and depression stops me. i know that this souns crazy but i jnust cant explain how im feeling. i am always angry, i have a big concience and i feel that if i do soemthing wrong then i will get punished from waheguru. i am getting so angry now that i really cannot take life i can honeslty say i hate living, im sick of it i cant even smile properly because i am not happy. its really difficult to explain, i am so down right now i really feel like im having a breakdown, this is no joke... im scared of life and cannot take it anymore.... i often dream of just being somewhere else becuase my reality scares me, everything is turning into s*hit and i really hate life.

is there anybody going through the same thing, can someone relate to anger and not talking to people becuase of anger, i have broken ties witha couple of my friends becuas ei feel like i am dragging them down, i am not happy and i cant bare the thought of me being with them when they are happy and i am not... i dont like life, i cant think of anything keeping me here, i want to die so badly it is unreal

Please help me

and this thread is not a joke, so dont write something that is offensive hat you think will come across as funny.... i am not in the mood for joeks as i am rarely happy.

Is there anyone feeling the way i am.....

Fateh

Get involved! Be Inspired! Sorry to hear about the way you feel, but what you can do is look at history of Sikhi which will make you inspired and go to programmes which will also help. I've left college too, am going to Uni this September to push myself. You need to get that shakti which makes you say "Right Vaheguru Jee with your kirpa am stepping onto the path of Sikhi, my head is yours and inspire me". Vaheguru Jee will do Kirpa :) Also, do ardass! :D I hope Vaheguru helps you.

vaheguru ji ka kahlsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

NON pleaseee please please speak to a doctor - be totally honest with them. they are trained to deal with these situations.do not be afraid to ask for help.

also please share with us, what area of the uk are you from??

sikh community in the uk needs to set up an organisation to deal with mental health in the sangat.

someone has come here for help, and we cant help them.. i dont know what more to say... i feel somewhat ashamed.

Guest sanjsingh

Please seek some expert help, talk to your doctor who could put you in touch with a counsellor. What you are going though is common with young people, so please do not be disheartened.

Watch out for those false preachers who will promise you that all the answers lay in Islam or Jesus, as they will be plenty of people out there who will be happy to exploit an unhappy child of Waheguru ji.

Try contacting the Samaritans as well.

Hope that helps if only a tiny bit.

speak to kaur nect or other sikh sevadar outfits out there which there are a lot!

Whenever i feel depressed or angry i think of all the things i have in life thtkids in 3rd world countries dont so often we take small things for granted...smile because it could be much worse!

"a day without laughter is a day wasted" e e cummings

I have a friend going through the same thing at the moment however she has rejected my help and the help of others. The best thing to do is to progressive muscle relaxation, go for long walks and listen to kirtan or calming music. Do Ardas and Naam Simran. Vaheguroo is forgiving. See things and appreciate them. We are not here forever. Just enjoy life and things around you. Do things you enjoy, hobbies and sports etc. Talk to friends. . . and always see the best in things around you :happy2:

aa kai hiradhai t(h)aakur hoe || Those whose hearts are filled with their Lord and Master thaa ko sehasaa naahee koe ||2|| - no anxiety can affect them. ||2||

Waheguru Ji Ka Khlasa, Waheguru Ji i Fateh

bro, try and stay calm, if your mind is like this the first thing you need to do is some simran, it will help control the mind and stop all of these emotions getting to you, if you dont know what to do, try this link http://www.sikhnet.com/news/how-to-meditate

I think you should get back to doing something, like studying, I think most of your emotions are coming from this. If you're only 18, please try and get back into some sort of of course, even a simple uni nearby or just enrol on any course for now, it will keep you busy, and give you some direction, if that fails, get a job, if not permanent, part time, or do some voluntary work, I would really suggest doing something it will really help

why have you broken ties with your friends? if they are good friends they will help you and wont feel down around you so dont overthink things, explain to them the problems your having, meet them back up

apoart from that, if you feel low or anything, call the sikh helpline on 0845 644 0704, they are open 24hours a day, they will listen to you anonymously

apart from these things, do some naam jaap, listen to this, this might help

go out for a walk or into town wherever you live, dont stay at home if your feeling like this and go to gurdwara in the evenings, it will really help

God Bless

Lots of people go through what you have described, people of all ages and they find a way out. So please trust in this being a phase rather than a long term issue. Although I realise you find it difficult to pinpoint why you are feeling like this currently, there is always a reason for these emotions and its about talking them through with someone be that a professional or a close friend. It's easy for me to give this advice but I realise that the simplest things are often the hardest to do, just believe that things will get better if you seek assistance from those around you, who care about you and no doubt would be willing to help you through this.

I really hope and believe things will get better for you soon.

Guest Akali

Singh do this, forget chilling at home or just doing your average routine. These people ere say jap more naam, but the hard reality is that when your by yourself the mind will not let you concentrate.

The best solution for you will be to chip and go to punjab 3 - 4 weeks will sort you out. Stay at sri darbar sahib or go and stay in sri anandpur sahib. You will be rejuivinated.

Sri akal ji sahai.