[Stuff] Jathebandhi Fanboys Say

Guest hi

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..best part where singh jhatkathe tamatar, foot bath on sink (vada bibeki)..lol..lol and then the part where he is doing grinding on kitchen top then singh say rehensbhai yo ..lol .lol..classic man..lol..!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the only reason I felt comfortable with my intent in making this video. If I felt that any part of this video was malicious or irresponsible, I probably wouldn't have been able to bring myself to post it. That's another thing I quickly wanted to touch on. After I made this video (but not as a result of), there was a sudden rise in Sikh-related humour on Facebook with the creation of the pages "Sikh Memes," "Singh Memes," and "Khalsa Memes." I was PUMPED about this. I thought it was going to be a further promotion of this "let us laugh at ourselves" mentality. But what I saw was horrible and hurtful. People weren't making fun of themselves, but others. And when there is a sense of "other" how can there be One God? I was very turned off after seeing the kind of garbage people were posting on those pages. It was filled with carelessness and malicious attacks. Humour isn't to harm, it's to project and promote positivity. I really hope that in the future, there will be a greater attention paid to intent when we discuss Sikh humour.

Important part of his essay.

Seeing a video on youtube about different jathabandis on the net, I think it was a good joke at some parts with the whole missionary thing, But I think there some points which cant be taken as a joke, regardless of what role ur playing.

There are things in the Rehitmaryada, which were made a joke.

Prime example of Akaal Akaal.

Page: 176 Chapter 2, Vol. I, Sarbloh Granth

ਲੋਕ ਸੁਖੀ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਖਲਾਸ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਕਰੇਗੇ ॥

Those who recite, Akaal ! Akaal ! Akaal ! (The Timeless Lord), in this world will experience happiness and in the next will be liberated.

Its a hukam of Guru shiab to say it, today we have lost it, but we should encourage not make it a source of comedy.

Panj Isnana- is also listed in many rehitnamas of Nihang Singhs and Damdami taksal from Guru shaibs time.

"Cheetah bhajae (peshaab karan te) Panj Ishnan karey."

" Jad Guru Hazoor javey panj ishnaan karke javey adab sahit namaskaar karey. Juraab pa ke na javey." - Buddal Dal - Damdami Taksal.

The orginal Jaikayra is also made a joke, this Bole So Nihal is made by the Sriomani Committe in the 19 centry, the Traditional Dal Khalsa Panth (Budda and Tarna Dal) used it from guru sahibs time, I think by presnting something like this will even non sikhs a chance to laught, thats our aim ?

And the point about Jhatka, its done openly by Nihang singhs, as according to Puratan Rehit, I dont understand what we gain, are there less jokes on Sikhs already ??

I personaly believe we should engoaurage the traditional rehit, and join jathabandis, jokes are easy having a good laught or making something on some terms and conditions which has no point. lets educate our brothers, not make mockery. Akaaal

Source: http://www.facebook.com/sridasam/posts/245164245601010