ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ (Prasad) Meaning?

jpsingh2

The presence of the sihari makes the meaning spasht (clear). ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ means kirpa (grace) and the sihari ‌ਿ at the end of the word gives the meaning ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ i.e. with kirpa.

However in the mool mantar or the shorter version above, ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ is one word. The meaning of ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ is ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ i.e. Akal Purakh is met "with the kirpa of Guru".

Our Guru Sahibaan designed a grammer system in order to intepret Gurbani and we should not ignore this when doing arths (meanings). For further understanding we can read books by masters in Gurbani Vyakaran (Grammer) such as Prof. Sahib Singh ji and Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara ji.

Excellent thread guys. I appreciate prof sahib singh and bhai joginder singh talwara ji efforts proving grammer interpretation of Gurbani. With that being said, deep spiritual arth of ikongkar Satgur parsad is extremely important as it provides the vary nature of nirgun chetan bhram (Ikongkar-Vahiguroo).

Here is antrev arth of Ik-ongkar satgur parsad

Ikongkar- God is one. Ik indicates nirgun form, ong indicates nirgun attributes immanent* its attributes to sargun (creation/spiritual state/avtars/shabda) and kar reminds us of source, which goes back to nirgun form. Kar- Milaap of Nirgun and Sargun

Ikongkar = ( One God Nirgun/Sargun Interconnected/merged with one and another/not seperable)

Sat GurParsad- Sat(Sat) Gur(Chit/Chetna- Supreme Consciousness) Parsad (Anand-Bliss)

Sat (Truth) Gur (Supreme Consciouness) Parsad (Bliss).

Sat Chit Anand is very true nature of Nirgun Chetan Bhram.

*I have been struggling to find right english word to describe relationship between nirgun and sargun Vahiguroo. I used to use transcendent before in the post.. i have realized recently that transcendent term was not suitable term to explain true relationship between nirgun and sargun, i have been searching with maharaj kirpa found word - "immanent" to best suitable to describe sargun and nirgun relationship.