Sikh Channel Why

sikhchannel is making mistakes first doing ninda of dhadrian wale mahapursh

and now showing this guru nindak dhunda

sikh channel will suffer as a result and so as sikh community.

everybody on this forum if you are reading this. please write to sikh channel and tell them to stop showing guru nindaks parchaar on channel

I am not too familiar with the Sikh Channel or with its corporate structure. My understanding is that it is a “Not for Profit” entity registered under the name of Mr. Bal (or an entity owned by him). If it is a “not for Profit” entity he is not allowed to make any profit from it or take any money from its operations (other than what he may receive for his services rendered to it). If he is not taking any salary from it, he has the right to work and do business outside it to make his living. After reading the article, I get the impression that he has other business from where he is making his living. He has full right to do it. To me, on the other hand, it appears that the newspaper is trying to create an impression that if the Bal group wins the franchise, which is going to be receiving Government funding, it may somehow become controlled by a Sikh religious group.

We should not automatically assume that money to buy the franchise will come from a “Not for Profit” organization. Nor we should assume that if a person is involved with a “Not for Profit” organization and does not receive adequate compensation for his services, should also loose his right to some other business.

sikhchannel is making mistakes first doing ninda of dhadrian wale mahapursh

and now showing this guru nindak dhunda

sikh channel will suffer as a result and so as sikh community.

everybody on this forum if you are reading this. please write to sikh channel and tell them to stop showing guru nindaks parchaar on channel

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i am in the legal profession and have dealt with mr bal and his law firm. i can safely say he is not making a penny from sikh channel and is in fact putting in alot of his own money.

stop spreading false rumours.

i am not his friend or supporter but have any of you had the balls to start a sikh tv channel ? have any of the countless rich sikhs and gurdwara across the uk had the balls to do this ? the answer is no.

if you dont like it, go watch glory tv on 832.

Wow so many haters. Where is the love?!

You guys talk about Mr. Bal profiting from the channel, do you really think he makes that much from the donations? Do you guys really think our community, on the whole, are as generous as you guys make out? PLEASE! Sikhs are tights a$$ when it comes to donations. I heard the guy is launching in Canada and USA as well, don't tell me all that's free to do and doesn't cost thousands of dollars.

Both channels are great but not perfect. You gotta support Sikh Channel though, they are the ones who look most promising in the future of Sikh media around the world.

As my bro above said, no one else had the BALLS to start a Sikh Channel. This guy has risked his own life, his family's life for the sake of this channel. Has the channel not openly talked positively about Khalistan and opposed haraami like KPS Gill more recently?! That takes guts!

The reality is that the Sikh Channel is legally owned by Bal. He found a niche market and went for it. He is providing a free service to those that are not supporting it, but others are supporting his channel by paying for it. It is up to any individual if they want to support or not. Unfortunatley, people have a tendency to not pay for a free service. If he had done his market research he would have known this and thus had in place, alternative ways of funding this business venture. Expecting the Sikh community to drop all other financial support to other causes and automatically support the SC, and thus gain sustainability was a bit naive and not what one would expect from an intelligent Business Plan.

He is providing a service, that is of great benefit to the Sikh community, however he has no right in demanding support for this service or holding the community to ransom, in that if they do not support SC will close. If he is not getting the support he thought he should have got, he needs to ask himself why not. If the channel is for the community, i.e. the peoples channel and is owned by the community, then why not legal ownership to a board of trustees nominated by those that pay funds to SC, i.e. direct debit payers. Or the very least a say in the management of SC.

In relation to dedication to the Sikhi, he actually owns Brit TV, nothing wrong with that, its audience is those intersted in Anglo/Punjabi culture. SC was an extension of his business to cater for a religious audience. But how can a person be dedicated to the values of Sikhi and still promote values that go against these principles.

He is a business man and i say good luck to him, to hold him as a saviour of Sikhi, i would question that. One really needs to analyse both positive and negative aspects of the Media. Unfortunatley due to poor and mis-management, the Sikh community is more divided now than before, so rather than uniting Sikhs, it has created divisions. However if this is accepted by the Channels, then it could be turned around with proper governance.

IS SIKH CHANNEL REALLY HAVING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES, MR BAL CLEARLY IS NOT !

http://www.birmingha...97319-31300313/

Do you expect Sardar Bal to empty his pockets for the channel? Don't you think he's given alot already; like his time, the studios, and STARTING IT UP. Sikh channel has VIRTUALLY NO ADVERTISING and they offer ANYONE to come onto it. Why can't we repay that? Our community expects everything for free.

Also, for whatever political motives the Sikh community have, we like to shoot ourselves in the foot, cut our nose off to spite our face instead of looking at anything positive.

Do you not see the positives for the Sikh community as a result of such a headline as 'Sikh channel behind Birmingham tv' ? Non-sikhs will see that Sikhs are behind a channel representing one of the UK's biggest cities, rightly so considering how much of the brum population is Sikh. It shows that the UK Sikh community is not only integrated and wanting to contribute to the wider English community, but that it has the power, money and organisation to do so.

There is also the influence the Sikh community will have behind a major mainstream channel, or would you prefer that Muslims get behind it pumping their own propaganda like they have with most of the rest of the media?

God our community is so insularised and small minded.