Foods To Avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

How do those foods stop th body from working?

Having a health condition and talking to numerous doctors, the only ones in that list they dont mention is margarine and they say we need some dairy. And why not brown sugar? Or even some sugar at all?

How come our ancestors and th elderly in India they had milk, lassi, paroteh, makhani, dahi, and still do.

And they have more strength when they are older than those of countries abroad.

Wonder if its something to do with being able to digest it easier in India.

This always makes me wonder they urge u to eat these things but they are so heavy.

Sugar is best to be avoided as much as possible. And as for the dairy thing, that is more of a vegan belief, since it comes from animals which is why they don't eat it. Paleo dieters don't eat dairy either, since early humans didn't. But dairy is good for you

singher veerji .....

dairy is as good for you ....as was smoking back in the 50s ...(as per doctors' recommendations) . Up until 1950s doctors recommended smoking as an aid to calm your nerves....

Food for thought - humans are the only species that drinks another species milk ....

The single biggest cause of morbidity and mortality pretty much all over the developed world - heart disease and stroke (secondary to atherosclerosis) can be completely eliminated by using a plant based diet - because it is impossible to get even 1 mcg of cholestrol from plants, all LDL (plaque accumulation ) in human body comes from animal sources

as a starter watch this ...

I think this topic is worthy of its own thread ......

yes I am a new vegan (About a month and a half) and have seen countless benefits , aslo I train pretty hard - deadlift ~ 400, squat 275.

Simran , have you googled "The China Study" ?

LDL buildup occurs because of lack of excercise and poor diet. If your diet is healthy and you excercise, there is little concern for high cholesterol. There are many approaches to a healthy diet, and the paleo/vegan approach is just one of them.

Also, I have trouble believing that you, someone who I am assuming is in his late 60's early 70's, because you said you were alive in the 50's, is squatting 275 and dead lifting 400 pounds. But if you are, that is extremely impressive

Animal protiens ( whether coming from dairy or meat) are pro inflammatory - link between dairy & prostate cancer and various other cancers has now been established -

http://medizinische-...cancer_risk.pdf

In fact milk is very pro growth , it is designed to turn a 200 lb calf into a 2000 lb cow in one year - but thats the stuff that cancer cells feed on - pro growth hormones and proteins.

LDL buildup occurs because of lack of excercise and poor diet. If your diet is healthy and you excercise, there is little concern for high cholesterol.

About exercise - how many people do it , and the other thing why put something in your body and then hope to burn it off with exercise - btw our Indian genes predispose us to heart disease and diabetes

http://articles.time...y-heart-disease

Quit drinking milk for one month and see changes for yourself , you will lose weight and your blood pressure will drop

Conventional medicine believes calcium in dairy prevents osteoporosis but US has the worlds highest dairy consumption and at the same time the world's highest rates of osteoporosis.

I am 35 and have a degree in medicine , I referred to what was accepted in the medical community back in the day but was not around - but thanks for the laugh anyways ...

The other ethical / gurmat perspective is dairy farming causes tremendous suffering to animals , why participate in a system that is hurtful ...

"Daya kare jee ki kich pun daan kare" .....

Finally proof of the pudding lies in eating -

I think it would be beneficial to everyone if someone (more knowledgeable than me on this dairy subject) would open a new thread and let us know what information is out there. Dhanwaad :)

Personally, I have never had meat but used to have eggs when I was younger. I do drink home made yougurt 2-3 times / day however. Being vegan would also mean that one must give up cheese. Here in Canada, when you eat out, cheese is everywhere!