Rehraas Sahib At Harminder Sahib

ghatak

It's common sense really. Would you rather read a shortened version of the Chaupaee or the longer? I'd rather read the longer one. Why? Because the more bani you read, the better and it's still not enough! :p

THANK YOU! Bani should be read the way its written why even insult it by shortening it?...

People people people i only came onto the site because of this topic. I have attached an awesome clip of Katha by Giani Harbhajan Singh Ji Dhudhike Wale about this topic and the changes with teh karah parshad maryada today. Please have a listen below then discuss your views.

Please note- The Katha is awesome!!!!!!!

sant hari singh states from 1-5 patshah there was panja bhog.

sorry misunderstanding

THANK YOU! Bani should be read the way its written why even insult it by shortening it?...

"harman1990" ji, are you suggesting that reading the 6 paurees of Anand Sahib during Rehraas or 10 swaiays from Akal Ustat during Nitnem, or the first Pauree of Vaar Sri BHagautee Ji Ki during Ardaas is an insult?

Do you read the entire 40 paurees of Anand Sahib while reciting Rehraas Sahib, or just 6 paurees?

Do you read all the 270+ paurees of Akal Ustat while reciting your Nitnem Swaiay, or just 10 swaiays?

Do you read the entire Chandi-di-Vaar during Ardaas, or just the first pauree?

According to your logic you should read them in entirety because that is how they were written by Guru Sahib.

We need to think twice before making such proclamations and attacking others.

"harman1990" ji, are you suggesting that reading the 6 paurees of Anand Sahib during Rehraas or 10 swaiays from Akal Ustat during Nitnem, or the first Pauree of Vaar Sri BHagautee Ji Ki during Ardaas is an insult?

Do you read the entire 40 paurees of Anand Sahib while reciting Rehraas Sahib, or just 6 paurees?

Do you read all the 270+ paurees of Akal Ustat while reciting your Nitnem Swaiay, or just 10 swaiays?

Do you read the entire Chandi-di-Vaar during Ardaas, or just the first pauree?

According to your logic you should read them in entirety because that is how they were written by Guru Sahib.

We need to think twice before making such proclamations and attacking others.

No, my point was that why insult bani by shortening it.. what i meant by this was what happened at Sri Darbar Sahib where the Rehras Sahib was shortened and that version was imposed against the Sangat... why was this paath shortened??? shortening the paath in 1920's and 30's is in itself an insult no?

Personally I find that the abridged version recited at Sr Harmander Sahib lacks Rass. I prefer to read the Taksal maryada Rehras. There is Nanaksar and NIhang Singh maryada which is also full of ras. Whenever I have to listen to the abridged version I always feel a sense of emptiness whereas the longer versions make me feel more elated.

Waheguru.

Personally I find that the abridged version recited at Sr Harmander Sahib lacks Rass. I prefer to read the Taksal maryada Rehras. There is Nanaksar and NIhang Singh maryada which is also full of ras. Whenever I have to listen to the abridged version I always feel a sense of emptiness whereas the longer versions make me feel more elated.

Waheguru.

Anything being recited in Sachkhand Shri Darbar Sahib Jee is full of Rass. Maybe it is your bad karma that you cannot find Rass in Gurbani being recited in the holiest place on earth which is over flowing with pure spiritual Rass. Vaheguru... I don't even know how you can say what you have said.

Anything being recited in Sachkhand Shri Darbar Sahib Jee is full of Rass. Maybe it is your bad karma that you cannot find Rass in Gurbani being recited in the holiest place on earth which is over flowing with pure spiritual Rass. Vaheguru... I don't even know how you can say what you have said.

The kirtan at Sri Harmander Sahib is extremely blissful. The abridged Rehras Sahib for me personally lacks the rass as compared to the longer version. Sri Harmander is very sacred for me. My intention was not to degrade it anyway. Please accept my apologies if my comments have caused offence.

I understand its panthic masla..we are looking at things form parampara stand point and like to preserve it. .that is fine

But having no ras from shorten rehras sahib..i m sorry to say singh that's your perception, whatever your perception is that's what it appears or get or thats what you become. If someone wants to get ras from full rehras or small rehras only (be it small or long or even one line one word) they will..!!