Singhs And Kaam - General Advice/guidance - Central Topic - Guys Only

I think there is a need for central topics, on key issues which affect most sikh old and young alike.

There are specific cases which can be discussed individually, however most people just look for general advice on the issue and it takes too long to find individual topics, where there are fantastic bits of advice, but its time to put it all together - which will help us all!

This may be better in the gupt section?

One such topic is off, Singhs and Kaam – common questions:

“how to beat/control kaam”

“stop any bad actions”

“have a kaam free mind”

etc

Post any advice/tips, inspirational stories that will help us stay away from kaam related problems, so we can focus our energy and thoughts on Maharaj, which will help us increase our love for the Guru.

Whats there to discuss? These central topics happen to be the central topics of Guru Granth Sahib Ji! Go straight there!

Point being, alot of youth nowadays seem to think that we should focus on our vikaars and try to defeat whatever one is bothering us the most individually. The idea people have is that we should deal with our problems, then we can do our sikhi routine. That idea couldnt be more incorrect. The very point of the daily routine of naam and bani supplemented by rehat is TO remove these problems. Sikhi is the path of sehaj.

Its like when trying to lose weight, its well known you cant target a particular area of your body and try to lose weight from there. You need to follow a general health and fitness regime for your whole body. Thats what daily sikhi (you can call it a sweet,beautiful, joyous regime) is for our vikaars and problems. The follower of either regime needs to be patient, but at the same time 100% committed and devoted and believing that the regime will bring the desired result (so that he or she doesn't give up!)

Take amrit, follow rehat- amritvela, naam, nitnem, extra bani aswell as physical rehats, and everything will fall into place. The supreme hukam of naam jap means we must keep our mind occupied by naam at all times, so make the difficult constant effort to jap naam all the time, and when any of the vikaari thoughts come, let the naam drown it out. Forcefully push the thoughts away with simran, dont stop the simran. More bani will make our concentration stronger. Just keep at it.

The path the Guru has laid out for us is perfect and all encompassing, all the problems and vikaars we need to overcome and everything we want to achieve is gotten sehaj naal while just doing your bit of obeying what Guru Sahib tells you. This is the purpose of all of Guru Sahibs hukams.

Part of our routine includes sangat of gursikhs (as per gurbani sat sangat is where naam simran is done). Do ardaas to Guru Sahib to get sangat of Gursikhs and Gurmukhs- this can provide an immense boost those who feel they have gotten much too stuck within any particular vikaar or vikaara.

Guest dasguruka

I think when kaam is taking over people want instant "help" because they know they can't stop theirselves so im gnna keep it short and simple.

When kaam is taking over>>> attatch your mind to Waheguru right then. Forget everything else.

I've followed one bit of advice which hit me hard when I heard it. Anytime you feel like kaam is about to strike, imagine Guru Ji is watching every move you make. Would you really do anything like that in-front of Guru Ji? I find that puts paid to any dodgy desires. I was amazed why nobody had ever put it like that beforehand. :biggrin2: