Anemic..

Jkaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i was wondering...if a person is anemic..what kind of food or supplements can that person take? what if that person is a vegetarian? coz for wat i know if tat person is not a vegetarian then there is a lot that u can take to improve ur health...what if he/she is not?

thanks in advance ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

First of all, most vegetarians ARE prone to anaemia because iron is mainly found in red meat etc.

As to supplements, a simple iron supplement is best - there's no point using a vitamin supplement as well unless you don't eat enough fruit/veg!

If you're from uk, ask in a pharmacy for "ferrous sulphate tablets" - they dont have a gelatin coating as far as i know! They come in packs of 100 and the dose is usually just one a day.

Hope this helps

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Actually, it would be best that you go to a doctor and find out that type of anemia you have first, because iron deficiency anemis is not the only anemia. There are anemias in which Vitamin B is deficient in which iron intake could be normal.

Also, depending on how sever the anemia is, you may need prescription medications, as the over the counter stuff might not be strong enough.

person should check with doctor, definitely u can be anemia for other things not just iron.

iron is in dark green leafy vegetables, so if person is big fan of saag, ur set to go :TH:

also, bake a potatoes and eat it with the skin, skin has more iron than the rest of the potatoe. i tried it few times, its weird but then u get used to it. :wub:

yet another reason to wear BIG FAT sarbloh kaRas

and eat out of sarbloh

and cook in sarbloh

guru sahib already thought of this, but look at us? taking pills!

Some things I have noticed with sarbloh bibek are:

-Less bruising/scraping, your skin is prone to heal faster and not get damaged as easily, you can take a punch or a hit a lot easier

-No anemia problems, you always know you have a lot of iron

-If I spit it smells irony haha

-you are healthier

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thank you all for the replY!...i really appreciate it..well...i dunno whether i am anemic or not yet..i have to go for blood test 1st but the doc said that there is a chance tat i am..

well..i was told that u're not suppose to eat iron supplements just like tat..itz not good..tatz wat i heard..but i really dunno..

nway..i'll wait n c wat my blood says..hehe...

thank you very much jio!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!