Urgent Help With Gaining Muscle/fat On Shoulders And Arms

honestly I believe it is. He does not ask for money. He tells you home truths on training and eating right. He gives everything for nothing and the size of him speaks volumes. He is in the mid 50s by the way. I use it and there are written reviews with pictures of people who have used his techniques.

I would recommend Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. There is nothing better than that program for people just starting out. And it works.

In 4 months my squat went from 85 to 270, bench from 75 to 140, and deadlift from 115 to 310. I went from 145 pounds to 180. It's quick, it's effective, and now I'm mad strong

Khalistani-Lion, as you are a beginner, these are probably the best things you can do.

1) fix your diet

2) sleep well

3) stick to basic, body weight movements first *

* Body weight exercises include, pushups, pullups/chinups, body weight squat, lunges, Single leg deadlift, dips. There are many more of course, but these will give you a decent start. You can build a decent level of strength using just these basic movements. Once you are doing 15+pushups and 8+ pullups/chinups, its time to add extra weights.

I would recommend Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. There is nothing better than that program for people just starting out. And it works.
Highly recommended. +1 to that!
In 4 months my squat went from 85 to 270, bench from 75 to 140, and deadlift from 115 to 310. I went from 145 pounds to 180. It's quick, it's effective, and now I'm mad strong
That is certainly impressive strength gain in a matter of quick 4 months. However, while a 310lb deadlift and 270lb squat certainly makes you relatively strong compared to the average population, it certainly does not make you, as you put it, 'mad strong'.

However, while a 310lb deadlift and 270lb squat certainly makes you relatively strong compared to the average population, it certainly does not make you, as you put it, 'mad strong'.

I meant I was "mad strong" compared to my old self. But yeah I probably shouldn't have written that

i dont have access to a gym due to my boxing and only have lightweights at home

If you only have lightweights it will be extremely difficult to put on muscle. But it sounds like you shouldn't have a tough time losing weight.

If you want to lose the belly fat, you need to cut out a lot of carbs from your diet. You need to be eating less than 75 grams, and also be at a caloric deficit. Now protein and carbs are both 4 calories per gram, and fat is 9. You need to get about 1 gram protein per pound. So 75 grams of carbs or less, 1 gram per pound of protein, and the rest of the calories should come from HEALTY fats, which means you should be consuming a lot of vegetables and nuts. You should see results very quickly.

The problem is, our diet is very, very carb heavy. Rice, roti, beans, breads, etc. we get a lot more carbs than we need, and most of the time less protein. This is what leads to the skinny arms and big waist. Follow the advice I have you, and you should lose a lot of fat very quickly, because your body will start to burn fat for energy instead of carbs. The gaining muscle part is a problem. I would advise you to save up a couple hundred pounds/dollars, whatever, and then look around on places like craigslist for used squat racks, olympic barbells and weights. Shouldn't cost you more than 3-400 dollars.

Or you can buy the squat rack now and gain weight first. It's easier to build then lose fat than it is to lose fat then gain weight, because you'll have to end up losing the fat again.

• 3 months later...

This is great advice, I also recommend the same program. For skinnier guys, its important to gain strength to be able to lift heavy weights, then go into bodybuilding and more isolation lifts. I think the general consensus is start off with Starting Strength, then once you plateau and don't feel like you are progressing anymore, theres a program called MadCow a variation of StrongLifts program. When MadCow stops working and you're lifting heavy weights, then switch to this program called 5/3/1 and use that forever. Those are all "Strength" training programs. After those lifts you can add more bodybuilding type isolation lifts to increase size on a specific body part. But trust me if you're benching 250-300 for reps, and deadlifting/squatting 400+, you're gonna be pretty damn big.

Along with lifting, whats equally if not more important is your diet. Eat as much as you can, try to hit like 3000 calories a day. Drink alot of milk. Try to eat your calories in protein and carbs preferably. Cottage cheese, brown pasta, daal, sabji, sweet potatoes, brown rice, get a protein shake. Alot of skinny guys stay skinny and just get ripped when they work out because they dont eat enough. Diet is the key to getting thicker and more massive.