Colours In Sikhi

ope this answer your question, there is no confusion on the translation of 'Laal=Red', Red is the colour of love, if your mind thinks that love is lust then the problem is yours not the colour's. Think bigger, Sikhi doesn't restrict the human to small rules and regulations, Sikhi wants to open up your mind and see the world from the bigger picture.

• 6 years later...

I thought it is waste of time to decide on what color to wear. As I understand my religion, there are many other things to do before deciding on colors etc.

Does equality apply to use of colors also?This way , we may have thousands of things to decide. 

Just stumbled on this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2012 at 11:46 AM, Khalistani-Lion said:

Please could someone clarify if we are allowed to wear red/green in sikhi? could you also provide examples to support your answer? I have been told that red represents lust and green is symbolic for islam

Thanks

One of the Standard flags for the Sikh Empire was apparently red and green, same with the mughal empire.

The only confirmed actual battle standards I know of were Red and Gold, usually with some sort of diety stamped upon it, (Sikh empire made up of hindus, muslims, etc and had foreign officers and mercs to be their commanders, Fauj-i-ain spoke purely in french, first modernized empire within india and had a alliance with the British, they used foreign manuals as well.) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2012 at 11:37 AM, alias said:

i cud say, no neela rang aint good. blak aint good. nor is kesri (which is actually what the 4th colour is... not yellowszz)..

cuz of neel bastra pehere, and "...dhare neel bhesa.." in uggardunti, u cant wear blue.

and cuza "kaale mainde kapre..." i can say blak aint sikhi colour..

thus only white is the colour and we shud all be naamdhari.

u see how silly this way you put your argument is? and what else can be said, and the needless conclusions you can make from this logic? - like, we shud all wear white all the time, and nothing else.

sooha rang is the 'silly' rang of maya.

maafme ifeye annoy you.. i dont mean to..

I recommend you read Khalsa Colours on Namdhari Truth website