Sign in to follow this  
Sat1176

What Is The Message Hidden In This Hymn?

Dear Learned GurSikhs,

I have been reading through Kabeer's bani in Sri Guru Granth Sabhib Ji and am puzzled by some particular pangtis. They are on Ang 481. Can some learned gursikh please explain the underlying message?

Many Thanks.

http://www.searchgurbani.com/guru_granth_sahib/ang/481

pihlw pUqu ipCYrI mweI ]

pehilaa pooth pishhairee maaee ||

First, the son was born, and then, his mother.

guru lwgo cyly kI pweI ]1]

gur laago chaelae kee paaee ||1||

The guru falls at the feet of the disciple. ||1||

eyku AcMBau sunhu qum@ BweI ]

eaek acha(n)bho sunahu thumh bhaaee ||

Listen to this wonderful thing, O Siblings of Destiny!

dyKq isMGu crwvq gweI ]1] rhwau ]

dhaekhath si(n)gh charaavath gaaee ||1|| rehaao ||

I saw the lion herding the cows. ||1||Pause||

jl kI mCulI qrvir ibAweI ]

jal kee mashhulee tharavar biaaee ||

The fish of the water gives birth upon a tree.

dyKq kuqrw lY geI iblweI ]2]

dhaekhath kutharaa lai gee bilaaee ||2||

I saw a cat carrying away a dog. ||2||

qlY ry bYsw aUpir sUlw ]

thalai rae baisaa oopar soolaa ||

The branches are below, and the roots are above.

iqs kY pyif lgy Pl PUlw ]3]

this kai paedd lagae fal foolaa ||3||

The trunk of that tree bears fruits and flowers. ||3||

GorY cir BYs crwvn jweI ]

ghorai char bhais charaavan jaaee ||

Riding a horse, the buffalo takes him out to graze.

bwhir bYlu goin Gir AweI ]4]

baahar bail gon ghar aaee ||4||

The bull is away, while his load has come home. ||4||

khq kbIr ju ies pd bUJY ]

kehath kabeer j eis padh boojhai ||

Says Kabeer, one who understands this hymn,

rwm rmq iqsu sBu ikCu sUJY ]5]9]22]

raam ramath this sabh kishh soojhai ||5||9||22||

and chants the Lord's Name, comes to understand everything. ||5||9||22||

• Like 3

this means a few base things.. (which acording to your avastha u will understand it to XYZ level..

1. you merge with god.

2. god can do anything.

the guru and deciple type bits means like, har harjan doe aek hai..

and the tree and horse and cat and son, and fish thing, all mean like the tuk, " prab paavai, ta pathar taraavai"... ".. bin sas te raakhae" etc..

this pauri is one that takes naam simran to understand, so, yes, ask the questions.... but moreso, do the veechaar in your own mun.. ask ur mun the question. if u do, then you will get the answer from inside, and not other ppl like me :) (although im happy to recieve this question!)

dhan guru..

Much obliged SikhSpectrum. Who is the kathavachik giving the explanation? Sounds like Sant Hardev Singh (Lulon Wale)

Actually once I post the question I realised that I could also listen to Giani Thakur Singh's explanation in his SGGS katha.

Much obliged SikhSpectrum. Who is the kathavachik giving the explanation? Sounds like Sant Hardev Singh (Lulon Wale)

Actually once I post the question I realised that I could also listen to Giani Thakur Singh's explanation in his SGGS katha.

Sri Maan Brahmgiani Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale, 12th Jathedar of Damdami Taksaal.

• Like 2