Is It Better To Stay A Munar?

We all know that the ultimate Sikh male will have uncut kesh/hair with a full flowing open beard and where the 5k's and obviously do nitnem. However, please could the Sangat let us know if any of following 'inbetween' states, from a point of view of adopting the Sikhi Saroop, are actually better than being a munar (a shaved and hair cut sikh):

A) wearing a turban or patka whilst shaving and cutting your hair, and still drinking in pubs

B) wearing a turban or patka whilst shaving and cutting your hair

C) wearing a turban or patka with earrings, and still drinking in pubs

D) wearing a turban or patka with earrings

E) wearing a turban or patka whilst not cutting the hair on your head but keeping stubble or a trimmed beard, and still drinking

F) wearing a turban or patka whilst not cutting the hair on your head but keeping stubble or a trimmed beard

G) wearing a patka with the joora at the back of your head with an open beard

H) Doing everything the ultimate Sikh male does but keeping your beard tied up

After SinghStah's recent post (re the poor soul who smoked whilst being in Sikhi Saroop) I thought it would be good to know if some 'half way' attempts at trying and adopt the Sikhi Saroop are actually much more damaging and humiliating than just simply remaining a munar/hair cut and shaved Sikh.

Please do reply. It could save some people, who are thinking of doing just one of the above, from do more harm than good

I think as far as wearing the joora back of the head some guys do it because thats how they wear their paghs. I know my husband whenever he wears a pagh he kind of flattens the joora because he says it helPs with the pagh lOoking good. I dont think theres anything wrong with that they are just enhancing and embracing the pagh and still not cutting their hair.

But i do agree that ive seen some amrit dharis eating meat and drinking thats totally disrespectful. I feel like im a half sikh because i cut my hair but i dont eat meat or drink and i love guru ji but im not mentally ready to take amrit and i ask guru ji that if and when i take amrit i want to make sure i can toatally fulfill it.

Also there is nothing wrong with tying the beard. I know you are supposed to keep it open. My cousin whos in india is ameit dhari and hes a police officer but has to tie his beard. If it isnt allowed in our own country to leave the beard open than i think its not fair to point the fingers at those who do tie it over here. My dad was diagnosed with cancer and hes a full amrit dhari and never drank, eat meat, or cut his hair has to tie his beard now because of the effect of chemotherapy. One side of the beard did not fully develop as the other side did so he has to keep it tied. If an outsider like you looks at it your obviously going to think that hes not a full amrit dhari since he tied hos beard. We shouldnt be wuick to judge others there might be some reason behind their act.

Dude there is nothing wrong with going to clubs, Maharaja Ranjeet Singh used to have the biggest clubs for all the english people and bring the strongest alcohol made out of pearls or calms.

However A sikh should not do any drugs on a day to day basis as written in the SGGS and if you feel is right you should refrain 100% from alcohol.

Sikhism is a guide to being perfect, not all sikhs are perfect, nor do they have to, but they do have the tools and lifestyle awaiting for the possibility.

Dude there is nothing wrong with going to clubs, Maharaja Ranjeet Singh used to have the biggest clubs for all the english people and bring the strongest alcohol made out of pearls or calms.

However A sikh should not do any drugs on a day to day basis as written in the SGGS and if you feel is right you should refrain 100% from alcohol.

Sikhism is a guide to being perfect, not all sikhs are perfect, nor do they have to, but they do have the tools and lifestyle awaiting for the possibility.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji also was called to Akaal Takht Sahib by Akaali Phoola Singh Ji and he admit his mistakes.

If we get away from pointing fingers and grading people and that he is better than him because he does this that and the other we can look at this from a different point of view.

Try letting go of these prejudices, they all derive from our 5 chore within us. We need to bring love and hate onto one platform, feel pleasure and pain the same, tears and laughter, attraction and repulsion, all have to be looked at with the same emotion. If a full saroop person is walking towards you, you feel joy when a clean shaven sikh walks towards you, you feel repulsion, yet Akaal Purkh is sitting in the first person and in the clean shaven person. You feel repulsion towards that guy you are doing it to the divine jyote within him.

Who has made the robber the way he is? Who has made the drunken gambler the way he is? Ultimately they are all being controlled by Akaal, for He sits within them as He sits within the giani and the gurmukh.

That is not to say that we do not do parchar or that we do not encourage people to start following Guru Ji’s path that is our duty, BUT we must get away from even the mild hate/repulsion that we get when we see someone we do not like. All are Akaal, the Gurmukh and the manmukh so treat them as one. Have the same joy to see a clean shaven person as you do when you see a gurmukh, do not see the body but the divine jyote within them. Better still look within yourself rather than at other people what errors and ‘augan’ can you see within you. Ultimately you have to answer for yourself so make improvements in your life and let others be as they are if that is how they choose to be for they are all following Akaal Purkhs hukam.

You have a flowing beard and you do your nitname? It is nothing if you harbour animosity towards your fellow man, for the Guru that sits within you is watching and if you are hating or pointing fingers at His creation and His created beings then you are not going to get His blessing.

this argument interlinks to the argument some desi's state about amrith to. "Oh I'm pure inside etc what's point of becoming amrithari?".

Please watch this video:

Its a video recording of bhai harvinder singh nirvair khalsa jatha. About an hour or so into the deevan (its a recording from a deevan).