Drinking Somebodys Jutha.. By Mistake..

Guest gupt

Guest gupt

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh.. By Mistake I took a sip out of my daughter's pop.. it was a an innocent mistake ... I amritdhari and my daughter who is six not.. what should I do.. she have not eaten meat .. but she eat cookies and candys with egs in them.. .. What to Do .. PLZ.. I am SO SO SO SORRY....

Guest hello

first of all you need to calm down. she's your daughter for god's sake, imo u have done no mistake. neways most family do amrit di gurrti / or give chula to the baby when born so that the amritdhari parents can eat jhooth of the kids.

if you feel so strongly about this do ardaas, seriously dnt make a joke of urself and go pesh for this lol.

I would tend to agree with hello, she is your flesh and blood so calm down. If you really feel you need to do something then do ardaas, ask for forgiveness and move on.

Go to the Punj Pyare and get your children to take chula. Many Sikhs are getting lost in family relations and don't understand the Khalsa Panth does not associate with this lower thinking of............she's your flesh and blood.........

Punj Pyare are understanding and are not hate mongers. There are people and Amritdharis out there who tell you..............you missed your nitnem...don't worry about it.....its just a ritual.......

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh.. By Mistake I took a sip out of my daughter's pop.. it was a an innocent mistake ... I amritdhari and my daughter who is six not.. what should I do.. she have not eaten meat .. but she eat cookies and candys with egs in them.. .. What to Do .. PLZ.. I am SO SO SO SORRY....

First of all, you shouldn't make this into a big deal. Just do ardas and move on.

But Only Five is right, you should get your children to take Chula and why are you allowing your daughter to eat egg? There are plenty of cookies and candies without egg. If you're a strict vegetarian, then you should bring your children up in the same way. That's your daughters decision to make when she is older whether she wants to continue being a strict vegetarian. Although she wouldn't if you bring her up with morals and values.

Going on from the post above by Shadow, joot aside, as an Amritdhari, surely the OP should impress on their children not to eat any foodstuffs containing eggs or other ingredients not permitted for people who've taken amrit? If the children decide to continue (or abandon) this when they grow older that's their choice, but at least put some structure into place?

Although I wouldn't say people who do eat eggs, meat, etc., don't have morals and values, lol. Not that I do eat any of that stuff, but there's many strict vegetarians who are also lacking in the morals and values department. :biggrin2: