Drinking Somebodys Jutha.. By Mistake..

Guest gupt

http://www.sikhanswers.com/rehat-maryada-code-of-conduct/why-are-some-sikhs-strict-about-who-prepares-the-food-they-eat/

It is true it makes an effect on your jeevan from those you eat from.

Also, if you made an accident, then it is okay. You shouldn't have to go do pesh or anything like that. Amrit isn't broken just like that, remember it's you giving up your head to the Guru. If you on purpose withdraw your head from Guru Sahib then you should go pesh for forgiveness I think (don't quote me on this, but it seems to be logical).

You made a mistake, acknowledge it and move on. Don't let it phase your journey as we all do make mistakes at times.

Going on from the post above by Shadow, joot aside, as an Amritdhari, surely the OP should impress on their children not to eat any foodstuffs containing eggs or other ingredients not permitted for people who've taken amrit? If the children decide to continue (or abandon) this when they grow older that's their choice, but at least put some structure into place?

Although I wouldn't say people who do eat eggs, meat, etc., don't have morals and values, lol. Not that I do eat any of that stuff, but there's many strict vegetarians who are also lacking in the morals and values department. :biggrin2:

Meat eaters still have compassion but we need to understand all living creatures matter since they feel pain and have the desire to live just as us. So, eating meat is immoral because you're putting your desires before another's pain. Plus as a sikh we're supposed to remove our bad karma.

Meat eaters still have compassion but we need to understand all living creatures matter since they feel pain and have the desire to live just as us. So, eating meat is immoral because you're putting your desires before another's pain. Plus as a sikh we're supposed to remove our bad karma.

I do agree with you. I was just making the point that some people who don't eat meat also possess these negative traits.

Guru Granth Sahib Ji says those who argue about meat are fools and Guru Granth Sahib Ji also says that the poor ganna that we excrete juice from (sugar cane) also feels pain.

Sikhs don't eat meat because we don't have to. Plain and simple and because of the effect it has on our jeevan. Plants are living beings as well but are better to eat than animals. With that said agricultural malpractices are also a big sin and are just as bad as eating meat. In Punjab these pesticides have destroyed the ecosystem and rid the beautiful Punjab of its greenery and rich and fertile land.

Einstein said:

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." —Albert Einstein

I'm surprised you're turning this into an argument. The OP believes meat is wrong and I'm giving my opinion why I believe it is immoral. Do you believe Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh was a fool to argue over meat too. We can eat vegetation because it does not feel pain. Even though there may be some bad karma but it is not as worse as animals who feel extreme pain as humans.

sIh pjUqI bkrI mrdI hoeI hV hV hsI] seeh pajoothee bakaree maradhee hoee harr harr hasee|| A goat was caught by a lion and while about to die, it gave out a laugh. sIhu puCY ivsmwdu hoie iequ Aausir ikqu rhis rhsI] seehu pushhai visamaadh hoe eith aousar kith rehas rehasee|| The surprised lion asked why it was so happy at such a moment (of its death). ibnau kryNdI bkrI puqR Aswfy kIcin KsI] bino karae(n)adhee bakaree puthr asaaddae keechan khasee|| Humbly the goat replied that the testicals of our male progeny are crushed in order to castrate them. Ak DqUrw KwiDAW kuih kuih Kl auKil ivxsI] ak dhhathooraa khaadhhiaaa(n) kuhi kuhi khal oukhal vinasee|| We eat only wild plants of arid regions yet our skin is peeled and pounded. mwsu Kwin gl viF kY hwlu iqnwVw kauxu hovsI] maas khaan gal vadt kai haal thinaarraa koun hovasee|| I think about the plight of those (like you) who cut the throat of others and eat their flesh. grbu grIbI dyh Kyh Kwju AKwju Akwju krsI] garab gareebee dhaeh khaeh khaaj akhaaj akaaj karasee|| The body of both of the proud and the humble will become dust ultimately, but, even then the body of the arrogant (lion) is inedible and that of the humble (goat) attains the status of edible. jig AwieAw sB koie mrsI ]17] jag aaeiaa sabh koe marasee ||17|| All who came to this world have to die ultimately.(17)

If you understood that shabad about those who argue about meat are fools, you would understand it is referring to the word Meat, not meat itself because guru sahib is talking about pandits who behave extremely by covering their ears whenever they hear the word meat. That's why the shabad says 'MAAS MAAS', twice not once because it is referring to the WORD. Just like har har means the name, not the person.

Other than that, I still have complete respect for everyone, even if they eat meat. But many are beginning to realise eating meat is wrong.

Anyway, I'm not saying any more, that's my opinion.

Didn't mean to turn it into an argument. Will just leave this here.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Malaar on Pannaa 1289

mÚ 1 ]

mwsu mwsu kir mUrKu JgVy igAwnu iDAwnu nhI jwxY ]

kauxu mwsu kauxu swgu khwvY iksu mih pwp smwxy ]

gYNfw mwir hom jg kIey dyviqAw kI bwxy ]

mwsu Coif bYis nku pkVih rwqI mwxs Kwxy ]

PVu kir lokW no idKlwvih igAwnu iDAwnu nhI sUJY ]

nwnk AMDy isau ikAw khIAY khY n kihAw bUJY ]

AMDw soie ij AMDu kmwvY iqsu irdY is locn nwhI ]

mwq ipqw kI rkqu inpMny mCI mwsu n KWhI ]

iesqRI purKY jW inis mylw EQY mMDu kmwhI ]

mwshu inMmy mwshu jMmy hm mwsY ky BWfy ]

igAwnu iDAwnu kCu sUJY nwhI cquru khwvY pWfy ]

bwhr kw mwsu mMdw suAwmI Gr kw mwsu cMgyrw ]

jIA jMq siB mwshu hoey jIie lieAw vwsyrw ]

ABKu BKih BKu qij Cofih AMDu gurU ijn kyrw ]

mwshu inMmy mwshu jMmy hm mwsY ky BWfy ]

igAwnu iDAwnu kCu sUJY nwhI cquru khwvY pWfy ]

mwsu purwxI mwsu kqybNØI chu juig mwsu kmwxw ]

jij kwij vIAwih suhwvY EQY mwsu smwxw ]

iesqRI purK inpjih mwshu pwiqswh sulqwnW ]

jy Eie idsih nrik jWdy qW aun@ kw dwnu n lYxw ]

dyNdw nrik surig lYdy dyKhu eyhu iD|wxw ]

Awip n bUJY lok buJwey pWfy Krw isAwxw ]

pWfy qU jwxY hI nwhI ikQhu mwsu aupMnw ]

qoieAhu AMnu kmwdu kpwhW qoieAhu iqRBvxu gMnw ]

qoAw AwKY hau bhu ibiD hCw qoAY bhuqu ibkwrw ]

eyqy rs Coif hovY sMinAwsI nwnku khY ivcwrw ]2] First Mehla:

The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.

What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?

It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering.

Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night.

They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom.

O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said.

They alone are blind, who act blindly. They have no eyes in their hearts.

They are produced from the blood of their mothers and fathers, but they do not eat fish or meat.

But when men and women meet in the night, they come together in the flesh.

In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

O master, you believe that flesh on the outside is bad, but the flesh of those in your own home is good.

All beings and creatures are flesh; the soul has taken up its home in the flesh.

They eat the uneatable; they reject and abandon what they could eat. They have a teacher who is blind.

In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

Meat is allowed in the Puraanas, meat is allowed in the Bible and the Koran. Throughout the four ages, meat has been used.

It is featured in sacred feasts and marriage festivities; meat is used in them.

Women, men, kings and emperors originate from meat.

If you see them going to hell, then do not accept charitable gifts from them.

The giver goes to hell, while the receiver goes to heaven - look at this injustice.

You do not understand your own self, but you preach to other people. O Pandit, you are very wise indeed.

O Pandit, you do not know where meat originated.

Corn, sugar cane and cotton are produced from water. The three worlds came from water.

Water says, ""I am good in many ways."" But water takes many forms.

Forsaking these delicacies, one becomes a true Sannyaasee, a detached hermit. Nanak reflects and speaks. ||2||

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Maajh on Pannaa 142

mÚ 1 ]

vyKu ij imTw kitAw kit kuit bDw pwie ]

KuMFw AMdir riK kY dyin su ml sjwie ]

rsu ksu ttir pweIAY qpY qY ivllwie ]

BI so Pogu smwlIAY idcY Aig jwlwie ]

nwnk imTY pqrIAY vyKhu lokw Awie ]2] First Mehla:

Look, and see how the sugar-cane is cut down. After cutting away its branches, its feet are bound together into bundles,

and then, it is placed between the wooden rollers and crushed.

What punishment is inflicted upon it! Its juice is extracted and placed in the cauldron; as it is heated, it groans and cries out.

And then, the crushed cane is collected and burnt in the fire below.

Nanak: come, people, and see how the sweet sugar-cane is treated! ||2||

Guest _gupt_

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji Ke Fateh.. Thanks for your kind thoughts..I just paniced ... What I did was one japji sahib path and ardass .. My kids did do the chula shakan .. they are very smart when it comes to eggs or meat.. but they are still kids sometime they will eat candy first then check.. once again thanks everyone.. Gursikha Ke Har Dhur Dey Hum Papai Be Ghat Paye..

• 7 years later...
Guest singh_deep4

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa vaheguru ji ki Fateh jio

Today morning i was getting late for my clase and got ready in a hurry...my mother served me milk.... probably on the table where i had my breakfast.....and i drank the milk... After returning from the class my mother informed me that the milk I drank in the morning was my father's jootha... and the cup was being placed by my father on that table after'taking a sip. Also...my father isn't amritdahti. All what happened was seriously a big blunder and my own mistake.

What should i do now for forgiveness..... should I pesh or should I just do an ardas and move on....?