Daggers For Sikhs Beat Olympic Ban - Media Demonisation Again!

Pyara

http://www.thesun.co...ng-offence.html

The Sun's created some more hysteria for Sikhs. I think Sikhs are being portrayed as the new public enemy by the media, this is evident from a recent hysterical tabloid reporting from stories such as the pervert on the royal barge to EDL turning up to Luton to Swindon/Hull and now the Olympics all in a span of a month.

The reader comments are once again extremely derogatory and encourage the bigtory and hysteria against the GurSikh's way of life

Again our lack of media interaction is ruining our profile and we need the Sikh Council UK and other Jathebhandis to urgently invest in this relationship. Why are we given a false sense of security that there is a "media" team in the Sikh Council UK as it's evident nothing is being done!

Where is our official media voice and why are we incapable of fighting our corner in the media!

I don't think I am exaggerating this... but it's beginning to be obvious that some of the elite in the UK mainstream media are trying to generate a "Sikhiphobia", because the nature of all the biased stories reported and reader comments about Sikhs in the last 30 odd days have ensured Sikhs are being portrayed as backwards and threatening!

Sikhs will be allowed to wear their Kirpans to the Olympics. It is up to LOCOG to respond.

Lets not fall in the trap of engaging in conversation with the media on this, by defending ourselves and thus highlighting further. We have a right to wear the Kirpan at the Olympics, full stop.

Sikhs will be allowed to wear their Kirpans to the Olympics. It is up to LOCOG to respond.

Lets not fall in the trap of engaging in conversation with the media on this, by defending ourselves and thus highlighting further. We have a right to wear the Kirpan at the Olympics, full stop.

Fair comment and what you said makes perfect sense to me. However, there is clearly an increasing attempt in the media to aggravate the mainstream against Sikhs? Each bias media report generates a barrage of reader comments with an anti Sikh bias and we seem unable to put some balance into the reporting.

My biggest fear is if a terrorist poses as a Sikh and uses a "Kirpan" as a weapon or hides a weapon in a turban on a plane.

If this happens, then the person will be caught and discovered as a poser.

If it is indeed a Sikh, like the guy who slapped that Indian minister, then the appropriate action for us to take would be to denounce him and then summon him in front of Akal Takht.

An airplane hijacking I think is unlikely. In the US they have air marshalls on each flight, ready to shoot down anybody who tries anything.

Anything can be used as a weapon. Pens, forks, sharpened handle of a comb. The media is just creating a hype because that's what it does.