Singhs Who Treat Kaurs Like Anything But Princesses

Guest Guest

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh,

Bhenji, I'd just like to say a few things. Firstly, the types of cases you have mentioned are so common and probably increasing all the time. Its a shame apparent "Amritdharis" fall to these levels and still consider themselves as Sikhs of Guru Gobind Singh Jee.

However, if all this is occuring before marriage then its wrong and if one gets into relationships before marriage, then not only should they be prepared to endure all the pain, suffering and punishment that one will receive from this but most importantly and the most devastating thing ever, is to be prepared for what you will have to endure once you turn your back on the guru.

This girl/boy problems before marriage are so common, its so disheartening and sad to know that singhs and singhnis that most people look up to indugle in such dirty and dishonorable behaviour. So first things first, avoid situations like these like POISON.

The best advice is not to get into a relationship in the first place and once you give your head to the guru...make sure you give it properly and follow the path with discipline and love and like this you will never ever need to look to another. However, if this is happening after marriage then its a different story and should be dealt with appropriately as noone deserves to be abused in any way or another and if someone is, they should get help before the abuse escalates and before its too late.

But if this is before marriage and one feels going to men with white beards is going to help its not, because when we take amrit we are told whats expected of us and if transgress then be prepared for all sorts of pain.

Vaheguru Ang Sang

Not to mentions names but both genders have people in lions clothing misdirecting younger Singhs and kaurs. The older so called kaurs are misdirecting the younger ones to act and dress with no modesty whatsoever and same goes with older Singhs. We see this reality on this forum where only a few would tell a poster to follow Maharaj's Hukam and majority will attack the Hukam.

It all starts with bad sangat and Singhs and kaurs talking amongst each other at Sikh camps and events. The smarter parents don't let their kids go to these so called Sikh camps, they know exactly what takes place. And if they do then they make sure strong jeevan Singhs are there to do damage if someone tries anything.

Dressing in skirts, tight tops and pants not only shows she has low character, but makes her an visible target for the low character Singhs (some say match made at the black jack table). Again i won't mention names, but couple of the so called role model Singhs and Kaurs have been the result of younger Singhs and Kaurs going off track.

Hopefully the Khalsa Panth gets it right with the next generation by sticking to Rehat and not following their minds.

Only five, If you get 'excited' at seeing a woman dressed in a skirt or pants, i suggest you see a therapist because you need help.

..and perhaps consider another well known religion that forces its women to cover up completely??

"Hooking up at Sikhi camp". Words I never thought would ever come together in a sentence, but in-fact have become more than just words but bled into reality!

When I was a kid the highlight of Sikhi camp (outside all the learning of course!) was the day we had chips and beans. Nowadays the "highlights" are something else entirely. What a completely frigged-up world we live in.

Chips and beans and the sports day dont forget that. To be honest its not cool to hook up at camp but lets be honest id rather singhs met singhnia at a camp rather than speed dating/clubs/pubs etc shows your both interested in the same stuff!

Chips and beans and the sports day dont forget that. To be honest its not cool to hook up at camp but lets be honest id rather singhs met singhnia at a camp rather than speed dating/clubs/pubs etc shows your both interested in the same stuff!

Doesn't it seem a bit...I don't know, illicit? Especially with little kiddies running around? What are these so-called sevadaars doing exactly? Stolen glances across the darbar? Akh-mataka in the langar hall? It's pathetic, it really is.

Only five, If you get 'excited' at seeing a woman dressed in a skirt or pants, i suggest you see a therapist because you need help.

..and perhaps consider another well known religion that forces its women to cover up completely??

. Wow you compleltely missed the point of the post. So according to you there would nothing wrong if all Singhni's started dressing in skirts and all Singh's started wearing their pants to their knees so everyone could see their kasheray?

We have a major problem of attacking peoples posts without trying to understanding wear they are coming from.

30.jpg

Sorry but i find all this talk of friendship with singhs or vice versa among other things discussed all bit superficial..Whilst, its true singh is consider tiger and kaur is princess..i think most of us (myself included) have conditioned ourselves to live in the glorious past of just "labels" (stuck in just labels) of puratan singh and singhanis rather than looking at their jevans and learning from it ....we all like to big up (lack of better word) ourselves - singh as tiger/lion and kaur as princess but when it comes learning from jevans from puratan singh and singhani..we shy away from it..not sure why?

For eg-there is no way an singhani could have her kids cut in pieces have mughals putting garland of kids pieces around singhani neck without an bedah mukht avastha. Did that singhani thought and stuck within those labels of i m princess..umm NO..!!. They were bhramgyani singhani who rose above from their individualistic mind and merge themselves in advait vahiguroo.

There were plenty of female saints in sikhism who were bhramgyani (do your own research you will find them and their history), kaurs also need to draw their inspiration from them, they need to rise above from this western feminism crap..rise themselves from consider themselves victim and weak, its all in perception (whatever you think thats what you become)..they need to realize their own self- atma-paratma is genderless that Sikhi is about realizing higher reality than getting stuck at just labels.. and singhs need to treat their singhani with respect (vice versa) instead of acting like talibans..updesh given in anand karaj is to both partners as ONE jot..!!..none of them are superiors but only true husband- Vahiguroo!!!!!!

Both singh and singhani are given set of questions in sri akaal ustat sahib by sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj to start searching answers of those questions, meditating on vahiguroo while contemplating on them- self reflection and one day one will realize you found them not just superficially but experienced them too..!!

I am not even sure, despite of direct intervention of guru maharaj in sri akaal ustat sahib giving updesh that each one of us have moral and spiritual duty to search answers within by self reflection, meditate on naam ..and despite of all that- we still spend time in the honeymoon phase of sikhi..guess what? honeymoon phase is long gone, wake up ..its reality time, as soon one takes amrit, its admission to spiritual school which have different grades-degree,diploma, bachelors, m.a, phd .!!

In the Akal Ustat (within Dasam granth sahib) are 10 'Dohras' (Verses) from 'Ank' (Number) 201 to 210. Within these verses, Guru Gobind Singh Ji has posed a number of questions. These questions are meant to be pondered over and answered by each 'Gursikh' (searcher of spiritual truth) be they of whatever religion.

Tav Parsad [With the grace of the Almighty]

Dohra (name of verse)

Once Siri Atma [Primal Atma (self)/God] spoke to the mind.

That Who’s glory shines every where is the master of the world.

Say then, how is this glory manifested in all its varieties?'

'Akal Ustat', Dasam Guru Durbar

The mind to whom the 'Atma' (soul) is speaking to above is that of mankind. That question, which has been asked, its answer is what is understood as Naam Simran in sikhi. The questions the Guru asks here after this question, and their answers in fact, answer this above great question.

Questions-

(2) What is the form of 'Atma' (True self)?

(3) What is the thought behind creation?

(4) What is 'Dharma'?

(5) What is 'Karma'?

(6) What is creation?

(7) What is life?

(8) What is death?

(9) What is heaven?

(10) What is hell?

(11) What is cleverness?

(12) What is stupidity?

(13) What is 'Tark' (reasoning)?

(14) What is not 'Tark'?

(15) What is slander?

(16) What is praise?

(17) What is sin?

(18) What is 'Dharma'?

Some of the questions are asked twice by the Guru. Here, the Guru desires a different answer to previous answer. Each question and its answers are inter-linked to each other to produce a whole picture of Sat Guru, meaning the ideology and philosophy of Sat Guru which should appear at the end of answering all the questions.

(19) What is Yoga?

(20) What is enjoyment of worldly pleasures?

(21) What is action?

(22) What is inaction?

(23) What is hard work ?

(24) What is controlling the senses?

(25) Who is a warrior?

(26) Who is giver of charity?

(27) What is 'Tantra'?

(28) What is 'Mantra'?

(29) Who is poor?

(30) Who is a King?

(31) What is happiness?

(32) What is sadness?

(33) Who is ill?

(35) Who is affectionate?

(36) What is essence of affection?

(37) Who is satiated?

(38) Who is healthy?

(39) What is thought behind creation?

(40) What is creation?

(41) Who is defiled?

(42) What is creation?

(43) Where is action superstition?

(45) Where is superstition destroyed?

(46) Where is happiness of consciousness?

(47) Where is knowledge of that which we can not grasp with our minds?

(48) What is 'Naam'?

(50) What is self-control?

(51) What is knowledge and ignorance?

(52) Who is ill?

(53) Who is a worrier?

(54) Where is Dharma lost?

(55) Who is a warrior?

(56) Who is beautiful?

(57) What is secret of being at one with 'Sat Guru'?

(58) Who is the charitable one?

(59) Who is wise?

(60) What is knowledge?

(61) What is ignorance?

Here the questions end.

It must be noted that many of these questions can be interpreted and rephrased in a different manner, therefore one would derive at a different answer. For example, question (3) can be interpreted as:

(3) Where are thoughts of creation contemplated?

Question (7) can be thought of as asking:

Where is death?

Most of the questions can also be coupled to form one question. For example:

Question (5) and (6) can be combined to form:

What is the Karma of Dharma?

This coupling of questions alters their numbers. Hence, Sikh 'Gianis' (interpreters of scripture) tended not to give a particular number count of these questions.

"Hooking up at Sikhi camp". Words I never thought would ever come together in a sentence, but in-fact have become more than just words but bled into reality!

When I was a kid the highlight of Sikhi camp (outside all the learning of course!) was the day we had chips and beans. Nowadays the "highlights" are something else entirely. What a completely frigged-up world we live in.

You are toooooo old for these new cats......LOL...................this is the new age where a sister hits on her brothers best friend and the brother encourages his best friend to go out with his sister. Best part...........the brother covers up the fact his sister came home last night late from having a so called get together at her friends dorm. Only if Sri Vaheguru ji Maharaj made the Jamdhoot visible to the human eye, then maybe the equality folks from hippieville will look up at the sky and see what is hanging over their heads. But Kaljugi, rest of the posters and I are just in fantasy world, there is no such thing as God. Only two posters out of the rest know the truth and are thinking with their atheist God given brains.......God is dead...........the two posters killed him......sorry killed it..... with their atheist pseudo knowledge of religion..........the big bang theory........the tv show, not the actual theory. :biggrin2:

Doesn't it seem a bit...I don't know, illicit? Especially with little kiddies running around? What are these so-called sevadaars doing exactly? Stolen glances across the darbar? Akh-mataka in the langar hall? It's pathetic, it really is.

Agreed it is pathetic indeed. This should never happen at Sikh camps.

I never knew this happened at Gurmat Sikh camps, but i know of a few manmat camps (won't name them), one that I used to go to a long time back (mostly monay - i was a mona back then too when I used to go) that people used to go there to hook up. It's still true and people do it. Once I realized that it was a big put down for me personally and even as a mona it disgusted me.

This stuff shouldn't happen at Sikh camps at all period. No excuses. Perhaps in the future should have it heavily moderated by adults or separate the genders.

Well that is why some badmaash from other communities are able to take advantage of kaurs! When your own Singhs won't treat you right..and some Pakistani would..what do you expect young naive kaurs to do? Obviously they'll fell in love with them....