Mixed Marriage At Baba Vadh Baghdad Singh This Saturday

EkPanth

Thanks for clarifying that. I had to go there because of in laws. You know one thing i dont understand is that in Sikhi we dont believe in spirits and exorcism because it doesnt exist? But it does right? I mean i saw it with my own eyes. I never used to believe that but i saw people possesed with spirits right in front of my eyes and the sevadaars were doing paath and talking to the spirits. I was totally shocked by that and curious and just sat watched what was going on. I wished it was written somewhere about all of this to make everything clear. Just so many unexplained things in Sikhi.

There is nothing unexplained in Sikhi. It is us who are too shallow in our knowledge of Sikhi.

Thanks for clarifying that. I had to go there because of in laws. You know one thing i dont understand is that in Sikhi we dont believe in spirits and exorcism because it doesnt exist? But it does right? I mean i saw it with my own eyes. I never used to believe that but i saw people possesed with spirits right in front of my eyes and the sevadaars were doing paath and talking to the spirits. I was totally shocked by that and curious and just sat watched what was going on. I wished it was written somewhere about all of this to make everything clear. Just so many unexplained things in Sikhi.

I think there's a difference between acknowledging the existence of something and believing in it, i.e. paying homage to it. That's how I look at it. I mean, doesn't Gurbani reference demons, etc? Does it, lol? I'm not sure but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

One thing to be remembered: Nothing is above Gurbani. It is everything. Nothing can overcome Gurbani. The true Saints put us onto the path of Gurbani to overcome such issues.

Please read Gurbani on the subject. Also later will link to Sant Isher Singh ji Rara Sahib Wale, talking to a posessed boy. Is really a life changer for some people. Nothings unexplained, just we sometimes fail to understand it.

I am a wrestler of the the Lord. I have tied a tall, plumed turban after meeting the Guru. Everyone have gathered to watch the wrestling match and the Lord Himself is present to behold it. The bugles play and the drums beat. The wrestlers enter the arena and circle around. I have thrown the five challengers to the ground and the Guru has patted me on the back. All have gathered together, but we shall return home by different routes. The #gurmukhs# reap their profits, while

manmukhs

lose their investment and depart. You are without color or mark. The Lord is seen to be manifest and present. Your devotees meditate on You by listening to Your Glories over and over; they are attuned to You, O Lord. I am the servant of the Lord age after age. The Guru has cut my bounds away. Nanak has searched, and found an opportunity and I shall not have to dance in the wrestling arena of life again. Simplified, the

Shabad

states that everyone has been born into this world and have gathered together. However, everyone will go to different routes when they die. The gurmukhs who love God and beat the five challenges (lust, anger, greed, emotional attachment, and ego) will be uplifted in the Kingdom of Lord and will never have to take birth again while the manmukhs who have only lived their life by selfish means loose the chance to meet God in their precious human life and take birth over and over again (

Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 74

Also when Guru Nanak Dev Ji was to get married, his parents got a pandit and the pandit started the fire to which Guru Nanak Dev Ji said ' No. I will not get married like this'. What he did was get a piece of paper and write 'Ik Onkaar, Satguru Prasaad '. This is the very first start of Gurbani and as time went on, the Gurus made is more and more perfect by added more verses thus finally making it complete. All the Gurus lived lifes as Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh Ji finalised it by created the Amrit ceremony as he started his departure from this world and left to his future children.

Great sakhi, however this is a very long way of not answering my query.

I just read the article about Sant Isher Singh ji and Suleman. I had chills while reading this. Its wierd i never came across this as our family is a huge follower of Sant ji. I Would love to listen to the actual recording somehow. So my question still lies: at Dera Baba Vadbhag Singh Ji the sevadaars recite bani to talk to the possessed and at get rid of them. How come the Dera isnt regarded as part of Sikhi? When Sant ji did the same thing? Im just asking this from what i have seen. People obviously go there because it works right? And they do baani to accomplish that. I wish someone can clarify this so i dont go crazy thinking about this. Sorry if j offended anyone. Thanks for telling me to read that article. Was an amazing find!

I just read the article about Sant Isher Singh ji and Suleman. I had chills while reading this. Its wierd i never came across this as our family is a huge follower of Sant ji. I Would love to listen to the actual recording somehow. So my question still lies: at Dera Baba Vadbhag Singh Ji the sevadaars recite bani to talk to the possessed and at get rid of them. How come the Dera isnt regarded as part of Sikhi? When Sant ji did the same thing? Im just asking this from what i have seen. People obviously go there because it works right? And they do baani to accomplish that. I wish someone can clarify this so i dont go crazy thinking about this. Sorry if j offended anyone. Thanks for telling me to read that article. Was an amazing find!

I don't usually write on this forum, but I feel it is justified in this situation.

First point: The reason this dera is not considered part of sikhi is because maharaj ji tells us not to do their sangat when we take amrit. We are told not to do the sangat of teer maleehe when we take amrit. This dera is from that linage.

Second point: Don't compare this dera to a brahmgiani like Sri Maan Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib wale. If you listen to the story Baba Ji has a conversation with the muslim fakeer that possessed the person. After the instance the person was no longer possessed.

This dera on the other hand mess have a totally different tactic. People who have problems (i.e. no boy in there family, money problem, physical/mental problems etc) go to the dera as some random aunty usually recommends that they'll sort out their problems. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji maharaj already informs us that:

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ||

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ||੨੧||

(Ang 434)

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21||

This dera, whatever the problem, state that someone has done some ridia sidia on them. Put them in doubts. Get them scared. Tell them they'll sort it. Only they don't. Most people within a few months are much worse than when they came. I've personally seem people who were perfectly fine before who due to a small issue go to these pakandees and after a few months they a very paranoid and irrational. After a sort time when the person gets worse they blame the ridi sidis and say to the victims that they need to go to there dera in the Himalayas and the pakandi baba will sort them out.

In Jap Ji sahib we are informed by maharaj ji that:

ਆਪਿ ਨਾਥੁ ਨਾਥੀ ਸਭ ਜਾ ਕੀ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਅਵਰਾ ਸਾਦ||

He Himself is the Supreme Master of all; wealth and miraculous spiritual powers, and all other external tastes and pleasures, are all like beads on a string.

They mess around in things which maharaj ji says are "Avra Saad" i.e. other tastes.

If we want to become good sikh we need to avoid this ridia sidia stuff and the pakandis that mess around with them:

ਛੋਡਿ ਛੋਡਿ ਰੇ ਪਾਖੰਡੀ ਮਨ ਕਪਟੁ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ||

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਤ ਨਿਤਹਿ ਲੀਜੈ||੧||ਰਹਾਉ||

Guru Maharaj Ji says avoid their sangat when we take amrit. Gurmukh pyare inform us to avoid them also.

So simply put avoid them.