Mixed Marriage At Baba Vadh Baghdad Singh This Saturday

EkPanth

I'm going to be honest, it's quite common to have a Gujerati boy/girl or white boy/girl get married in Gurdwara's in Leicester...we've got a big problem in Leicester with non-Sikhs getting married in Gurdwara's

Honestly who is going to take the bull by the horn?

And put a stop to these fake marriages to take place in our Gurdwaras.

Just by adding Singh to his name he does not become a Sikh ! If he is ok to add Singh to his name he needs to know what it takes to actually be called one.

He needs to be administered Amrit if he has any right to call himself a Singh. You cannot be a Singh nor be called a Singh unless you a Rajput descent but then makes you a Hindu or you take Amrit.

i had one elder say to me, Sikhi is about equality, so non-Sikhs should be allowed to get married in a Gurdwara as the Gurdwara represents equality for all. i turned round and said, well if that's the case, why are we discirminating against Muslims in the langar then, we should have Halal meat served in the langar to cater for the Muslims as as clearly this is discrimination too....He had nothing to say after that!!!

Good answer. This modern day, lefty, perverse interpretation of equality is NOT what the Gurus meant. Why don't we let people into the gurdwara with cigarettes, alcohol, head uncovered, shoes on ?......wouldn't want to upset anyone right ? Equality is about respecting others but also having the dignity and self-respect to ask for the same in return. It's about having principles and taking a stand when you need to. Lefties typically don't stand for anything and will just say anything to be popular.

Non-sikhs do not marry in a gurdwara because they have a new-found respect for Sikhi, it is because they have no choice if they want to be with their 'sikh' partner. They are taking the mick by dating someone else's daughter/sister behind their back and dishonouring them. On top of that they want to come to the gurdwara and get married. We have lost our anakh and sharam; this would NEVER have been allowed before.

If we really cared about Sikhi, we would make sure our partner is Sikh so that we can pass it on to our kids and make our community and nation stronger.

What about all those chidren born into Sikh families, that dont have any knowledge of Sikhi, that dont have Singh or Kaur in their names? They also get married in gurdwares, I personally feel its quite confusing as where to draw the line. Some will get married in the gurdwara, and know nothing about Sikhi at all, just because they happen to be born into a Sikh family.

No offence to anybody, what about those from other Sikh faith that dont have Singh or Kaur in their surname, but call themselves Sikh, and they get married in a gurdwara? Its the gurdwara committee's role to ensure the rules are praticed. If our gurdwaras cant even get that bit right, then there is something to worry about.

i had one elder say to me, Sikhi is about equality, so non-Sikhs should be allowed to get married in a Gurdwara as the Gurdwara represents equality for all. i turned round and said, well if that's the case, why are we discirminating against Muslims in the langar then, we should have Halal meat served in the langar to cater for the Muslims as as clearly this is discrimination too....He had nothing to say after that!!!

Great reply brother. It is sad but we have so many such lefties amongst us. We need to make a stand for our principles. If not, then the time is not far when we will also go the way of Church of England which has bowed down to their lefties. Sikhi is about equality when it comes to caste, race, ethnicity. But, it goes against our traditions to allow mixed faith marriages in a Gurdwara. It is obvious by the very nature of the relationship of mixed religious couple that religion does not mean much to them in the first place or else they would keep it within the faith. So why should Anand Karaj matter to them? it is just an empty ritual for them. And we should not bow down to their lefty ways.

What about all those chidren born into Sikh families, that dont have any knowledge of Sikhi, that dont have Singh or Kaur in their names? They also get married in gurdwares, I personally feel its quite confusing as where to draw the line. Some will get married in the gurdwara, and know nothing about Sikhi at all, just because they happen to be born into a Sikh family.

No offence to anybody, what about those from other Sikh faith that dont have Singh or Kaur in their surname, but call themselves Sikh, and they get married in a gurdwara? Its the gurdwara committee's role to ensure the rules are praticed. If our gurdwaras cant even get that bit right, then there is something to worry about.

First and foremost its the parents duty to teach how important it is to be a Sikh and how to a Sikh. This is the core issue which needs to get right first.