Mixed Marriage At Baba Vadh Baghdad Singh This Saturday

EkPanth

Fateh...

Some good comments here, but you have all seemed to missed out on a very important point here.

Baba Vadh Baghada ( ;-) ) sihoo is not a gurudwara. Search this forum and see what had happened to the one in London (Southall) a few years ago when 2 saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib were taken away from it.

I dont need to remind you of the histrory of these....

Anyway some good discussion, Question is we can get pressure mounted and get the Gurudwaras to oblige to a marriage (so called) ACT, but how will it be administered and enforced on places such as Dera's Baghdad .....

Fateh. ....

who are fanatics please explain??

yes please explain who the fanatics are, maybe we can shed some light

Fateh...

Some good comments here, but you have all seemed to missed out on a very important point here.

Baba Vadh Baghada ( ;-) ) sihoo is not a gurudwara. Search this forum and see what had happened to the one in London (Southall) a few years ago when 2 saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib were taken away from it.

I dont need to remind you of the histrory of these....

Anyway some good discussion, Question is we can get pressure mounted and get the Gurudwaras to oblige to a marriage (so called) ACT, but how will it be administered and enforced on places such as Dera's Baghdad .....

Fateh. ....

damn, I never it was not a Gurudwara. Well. I am confused as to how an Anand Karaj can take place at all ? Dodgy

I'm going to be honest, it's quite common to have a Gujerati boy/girl or white boy/girl get married in Gurdwara's in Leicester...we've got a big problem in Leicester with non-Sikhs getting married in Gurdwara's

I can't verify this but i heard on Sunday 1st July a Muslim girl got married to a Sikh boy at East Park Road Gurdwara!! It apparently took place earlier then usual. I know there was definitely a wedding which took place early but not sure about the bride and groom! Know anything about it??

Just a question, what about non Sikhs who have utmost respect for Guru Granth Sahib, they read bani do path and know the basics but get married to a Sikh? What does it mean to accept Sikhi then partake in anand karaj? I know of a non Sikh girl who got married to a Sikh Guy in a Gurdwara and now she does a lot of seva at the Gurdwara does path and reads bani. So where do we define if someone is doing anand karaj without any respect and understanding vs respect and understanding?

I personally do not agree with two people partaking in Anand Karaj Ceremony who do not believe in Guru Sahib or Gurbani. If they do not accept Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as their Guru then what is the point of partaking in Anand Karaj?

The Deras run under the name of Baba Vadbhag Singh are not considered part of Sikhi. These places believe in spirits and exorcisms. Their practices were considered anti Gurmat. So, the followers of Baba Vadbhag Singh were expelled from Sikhism centuries ago. As far as 25 years ago they still were not considered part of Sikhism and I don’t think they have been allowed back into Sikhism since then either (though recently they had made many requests to Akal takht to allow them back in Sikhi). It seems that in some other Indian states and out side of India, they may have started calling their places as Gurdware, but (I think) they remain affiliated to Dera Baba Vadbhag Singh in Punjab and not to Akal Takht. However, as is often the case, without investigating much about the place, Sikhs would start patronizing any place that can somehow get a “BiRh” of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and starts to call itself a Gurdawra. Even though they have Nishan Sahibs in front of their buildings, but they are not considered Gurdwaras.

Just a question, what about non Sikhs who have utmost respect for Guru Granth Sahib, they read bani do path and know the basics but get married to a Sikh? What does it mean to accept Sikhi then partake in anand karaj? I know of a non Sikh girl who got married to a Sikh Guy in a Gurdwara and now she does a lot of seva at the Gurdwara does path and reads bani. So where do we define if someone is doing anand karaj without any respect and understanding vs respect and understanding?

I personally do not agree with two people partaking in Anand Karaj Ceremony who do not believe in Guru Sahib or Gurbani. If they do not accept Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as their Guru then what is the point of partaking in Anand Karaj?

Then I would honestly say they can enter the Gurudwara anytime they wish but not have Anand Karaj done. They can do Matha Tek and receive blessings from the Guru until they actually adopt the Sikh faith, then they can have an Anand Karaj. If they wish to be married under the Anand Karaj and they actually respect the Guru they would understand that to have an Anand Karaj ceremony, both parties must be Sikh and if they respect the Guru, they would wait til actually becoming a Sikh.

There are no lies in Bhai Gurdas dia Vaara.

A Sikh is someone who follows the Guru completely, the first and foremost point is their kesh.